LSS and Radioreception

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F

Reaction score
When I play through my LSS (1x12), I can often here something which resembles a radiochannel coming through the amp at low volumes. This happens both with my Strat (Texas Special Pups) and my PRS Cu22... As soon as I hit the notes it disappears. It doesn't happen all the time, but quite frequently.

Any ideas what could cause that?

Thanks,
Christian

Chris F said:
When I play through my LSS (1x12), I can often here something which resembles a radiochannel coming through the amp at low volumes. This happens both with my Strat (Texas Special Pups) and my PRS Cu22... As soon as I hit the notes it disappears. It doesn't happen all the time, but quite frequently.

Likely it's noise coming in via one of your cables. Make sure you have decent shielded cables. On my LSS, the reverb on/off jack is very sensitive. At my old house I picked up radio all the time if I had a foot switch plugged into that jack. I have yet to test it at my new place.

And by "picked up radio" I'm saying it was VERY clear. I could hear the broadcast when I wasn't playing. Of course it didn't help that several major towers were less than 5 miles from my house.

I was getting radio reception through my Express 5:50 the other night.

I set my amp up at a jam, didn't like where I had it and decided to move it.
When I moved the amp, the power cords from my amp and others, signal cords and foot switch cord all tangled.

I think that's where the problem came from.

Once I took the time to untangle everything and move the amp slightly the problem went away.

Chris F said:

Thanks,
Christian

Are you plugged into any kind of power conditioner?

Dom

Are you plugged into any kind of power conditioner?

Dom[/quote]

Just plugged straight into the wall. I don't even have the footswitch plugged in. The cables between guitar and amp and guitar - one effect box amp, are sort of half-decent. Not the cheapest, and by far the most expensive.

Are you sure you're using a guitar cable and not a speaker cable? Not trying to be a smart-arse here. They can sometimes look identical.

I've had that same problem with my amp at times. I used to pick up a gospel station very clearly. It's weird jamming out some metal, then when you stop you hear "...and the Lord said..."

I bought some Planet Waves cables, and that didn't help either. I moved my amp at the same time I got a power conditioner - then it went away- so I'm not really sure what cured it. You could definately try moving the amp and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back