LSS and chorus pedal FX loop etc.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc99

Reaction score
I often use the ehx graphic fuzz (EQ - distortion) or damage control (distortion) with my LSS when i do i use the front instead of the FX loop because when i use the FX loop it bypasses all controls on amp except pesence and something else (cant think of it right now). is that right?

Why would you ever want to bypass the front controls? i guess i am missing something in the process, if anyone can shine some light on this i would appreciate it, or some FX loop links such as what goes where etc.

Chorus-

I reall like using EQ so i want to keep the graphic fuzz w\out the distortion engaged in clean channel and add chorus.

Which one? any suggestions on fx chain?

http://www.analogman.com/clone.htm

or

http://www.visualsound.net/Pedal_h2o.htm

Thanks.

Using the effects loop does not bypass the controls on the front of the LSS.
That would make the amp pretty worthless :)

I run everything in my effects loop and have had no issues. I tweak gain, treble, mid, bass, etc., all the time and they all work for me.

EDIT: I run that H20 pedal as do a few people here. I love it.

SabuJSE said:
Using the effects loop does not bypass the controls on the front of the LSS.
That would make the amp pretty worthless :)

I run everything in my effects loop and have had no issues. I tweak gain, treble, mid, bass, etc., all the time and they all work for me.

EDIT: I run that H20 pedal as do a few people here. I love it.

Ah, i am a doing something wrong- first amp with FX loop. Traded in my old Vox Valvetronix and got the LoneStar instead of an AC30...

So (i know this is dumb) i plug guitar into first pedal input then another pedal etc. into amp, now what about the amp out put? The manual could go into more detail. I got the loop to work with GT8 but the pedals sound much better, GT8 changes amp sound too much/

I coud experiment myself but who knows what may happen?

Thanks for the help.

Run a cable from your guitar to tuner/ compressor/ and/or distortion then to the amp's input on the front.

Modulation effects such as chorus/tremelo/flange/delay can go through the loop. So, if you have a chorus that you want to run in the loop, use an instrument cable to run from the send to the input of the stompbox, then run another instrument cable from the output of the stompbox to the return on the amp on the back. Adjust the amount of that effect with the knob on the rear of the amp.

Perfect.

Cheers

180px-Lager_beer_in_glass.jpg

Latest posts

Back