LSS amp cooking trick

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
For even better overdrive/distortion with my LSS, got a Barber Launch Pad (internal 25V 25dB high headroom clean boost) and put it in the effects loop. Great power tube distortion with clear note separation on chords and little if any tone colouration from the existing tone (at any volume too). Gives great distortion with a Strat bridge pickup amongst other things.

Me likee :D

Forgot to explain - I use the Master volumes between the overdrive and clean channels to balance the volumes, with the Solo volume to push up the clean channel to match the overdrive channel volume. So long as the Masters are appropriately matched when the clean boost is being used, there's no volume problem at all. I am using the boost on the drive channel for the sound I'm getting.

I think the very high headroom on this clean boost (25V internal using a 9V battery) helps, as the sensitivity can be adjusted as well as the overall output. Basically it really cleans up the string to string separation on the LSS overdrive versus how it works by itself.

Latest posts

Back