LSC - swapping from 6L6 to EL-34

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
okay, i have a 50/100 LSC and I'm going to swap over to some winged c EL-34s today to try them out. any suggestions about setting modifications if you have done this would be appreciated.

sample settings would be good too.

currently, i am looking for pretty clean tone on channel 1, so i run that in 100 watt mode. ch 2 is more of a breakup channel so i run that in 50 watt mode.

Good choice on tubes! All I can say is use the same settings that you use for the 6L6 tubes, but now you can turn your bass knob up to about 10:30.
Just make sure that you flip the EL/6L6 switch in the back for the right tube.
Good Luck!

the volume has increased pretty dramatically. instead of winged c's i put in Mullard NOS EL-34. i guess the Str-430 that i replaced were either wearing out or just not as high output as the new tubes.

the tone for clean is still very good. i like ch2 more now ... more crunch, especially with my strat with lace sensors. i can pull off more convincing ZZTop type growl with being muddy with heavier gain.

has anyone noticed a distinct difference in moving around the pre-amp tubes ?? i removed V1 & V2 and replaced them with a old JAN and a JJ, but i really liked the Sovtek LPS when i had it in my Mark III in V! and V5.

Latest posts

Back