LSC Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikedude

Reaction score
I now have my 3rd LSC this year. First was floor model, second was new unit replaced by GC, the third one is my brand new one after second unit died. I have a question. My first two amps had the Fillmore speakers, the one I have now has the Black Shadow Celestion c-90. Are the fillmores supposed to be better or are the C-90's better. INHO i think the C-90 sounds great in the Classic 1X12 I have now. After about 6 gigs, I'm finally dialing in a supberb sound.

Wisch

Not sure about the difference in speakers, but I'd be interested in the sounds you are dialing in.

- What style of music?
- What guitar(s)?
- Any outboard effects?
- What settings?

Thanks,
Dennis
(patiently waiting for my 1x12 LSC to come in)

Guit 55, Well as for getting some nice sounds out of the LSC., Iv'e pretty much been using the amp for about 3 months. I finally have a very workable and sweet sound for me. First off I was using a 96 AM. Strat with the gold lace sensors, and a 1970 Les Paul Gold Top with PAF Buckers. The LP sounded great on the Ch. 2 dist. settings, but I really didn't like the clean sounds so much on Ch 1. Last weekend I drug out my 1972 Strat with EMG SA's and it really warmed up the sound. I was running CH1 with the Gain at about 12:00, Treble at around 1:00, Mids around 11:00, Bass 9-10:00, Vol. at around 3, and presence 12"00. Master Varied with set progression. I use a Alesis Digital Delay unit right into the effects send and return for some slapback for the olde stuff, and nice repeats for some of the newer stuff. We play, some tunes from the 50's so the slapback works there. Then we do some BTO, Doobies, Clapton, Free, etc. and the CH2 Works in there nicely. Can't really give you exact Ch. 2 settings, but I was not using the drive switch. But what I was mostly impressed with was my Ch 1 setting with the EMG strat. Very warm, with nice high end sparkle, nice bottom end, and when I cranked on the Vol. pot, I got a very sweet clip in CH. 1. That being said, I just ordered a OCD from Fullerton, and I think I'll just stick to Ch 1 and be in tone heaven.

Wisch

Back