LSC - Solo control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar55

Reaction score
Despite what Mesa says, I find that if I set the SOLO control slightly lower than the OUTPUT control, I still notice a difference whn I hit the SOLO button on the footswitch. It seems like there is a low-end boost. Mesa says if SOLO is lower than OUTPUT, than the SOLO function doesn't do anything. Can some of you LSC owners test this out? Set SOLO a hair lower than OUTPUT and see what you get.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hmmm, I don't know if I believe that.

I have my solo set at about 9 or 10 o'clock and the output around noon.

When I hit solo, my dbs go up just slightly but tone doesn't really change.

It's possible that I misunderstood the language in the user manual....

"SOLO is an additional final output level control that is wired in parallel with the OUTPUT control. It is capable of a setting above that of OUTPUT and cannot be set below."

Does that mean that when starting the SOLO control from absolute minimum it is already equivalent to OUTPUT and starts boosting immediately? I thought it meant it had to be physcially turned higher than OUTPUT to make a difference. Did I get it wrong?

Guitar55 said:
It's possible that I misunderstood the language in the user manual....

"SOLO is an additional final output level control that is wired in parallel with the OUTPUT control. It is capable of a setting above that of OUTPUT and cannot be set below."

Does that mean that when starting the SOLO control from absolute minimum it is already equivalent to OUTPUT and starts boosting immediately? I thought it meant it had to be physcially turned higher than OUTPUT to make a difference. Did I get it wrong?

I think this is the correct understanding of the solo boost instead of the first post. :wink:

Back