LSC or Express 5:50 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGM

Reaction score
I have a LSS and I love this little amp. However I am looking for a partner for this amp that has great cleans as I am mainley a clean player. The LSC pops right into mind as I have read so much on the board about it. I's sure it would be a great addition. Currently I use a Fender 15/50 watt 2 ch w/4x10s. I a/b my amps and run thru both at the same itme. The fender clean and maybe some chorus. The LSS ususlly a little dirty and then maybe a lot dirty on some leadbreaks. But usually w/ the clean support of the fender. I play blues and late 60s, early 70s rock.
Heres my question...Are the 5:50's cleans as smooth and crisp and compare w/ the LSC and the fender. Has anyone got both and done a comparison? Shouldn't the cleans on the 5:50 be the same as the LSC? I had almost made up my mind for the LSC but I got to thinking about the options the 5:50 would add to my LSS. The contour, 2 really cool switchable ch. 1 ch clean the other on blues. If the cleans are the same as the LSC, it could be the one I would probably use only the 50 watt selection on the LSC anyway. We play some large outdoor places but always mike. One thing that concerns me is the lack of controll on the fx loop. Why is that? I use a few boxes (chorus and trem ) but is that an issiue? If I want that kind of control I could run'em thru the LSS, but its purity in tone makes me want to leave it alone.
All opinions are greatly appreciated.I'm really leaning towards the 5:50 at this point but early on I was leaning towards the LSC ....thanks...

Latest posts

Back