LSC loop in/out tone difference.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie shoes

Reaction score
I have notice a difference in tone with the effects loop switched out on my LSC 100\50. with the loop out I get a warmer, fuller, bigger, tone.
would like to know what your experience is with it.

boogie shoes, I respectfully implore you to RTFM. :)

This is expected behavior; they mention this in all the literature. "The effects loop is fully-bypassable, for the tone purist in you" is essentially what they say. With the loop engaged you basically route the signal through another circuit that includes an attenuation control, which affects the tone a little... I guess I'd say it darkens it slightly as you turn the Send level down.

The loop also enables the Solo feature. With the loop disengaged you get "pure" signal, but no Solo boost. You also have less fine control when dialing in a low-level volume... this is one of the reasons why I pretty much always have mine turned on even if I'm not actually using it. I keep it at about 1:00.

Its the same on the Dual Recs to... Ive never been a "pedal" guy but I think thats how I am going to go with my Dual Rec now. It dont seem to change much having the loop engaged but I havent found ANY effects that work well in the loop without robbing the tone.

I found the same thing, but I hate what having the loop engaged does to the tone coming out my LSC. My LSC breaks up earlier with the loop engaged. I lose headroom with the loop engaged. theres a HUGE difference when you turn the amp up loud, like an outdoor venue. That's when I first notcied the difference. I use the loop for the solo function and to run an H2o chorus/delay pedal, but I think I am going to plug that up front now, and disengage the loop all together.

The loop is usefull for at home ch2 rocking at low volumes.

yeah I have been playing it this way now for a couple of weeks, its a big difference. Channel one is much fatter with alot more bloom. I love it.

I have experimented with different effects units through the loop and found having a premium 12AT7 tube like a Mullard $30 ea. and fiddling with the gain structure of the amp send and effects input and output, I can get pretty good results. I wasted all of this time because I want a G Force!!!!!

But, after all that fiddling, I still don't use the loop and have put my G Force purchase on hold.

Latest posts

Back