LSC- Finally found what I've been looking for!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
I first bought a LSS combo about 3 years ago and used it in the 70s reunion band I play in periodically. When I played, I used a Dual Showman with two cabs, that should give you an ideal of what cleans I was used too. I loved the LSS, but it wasn't THE sound, I traded that to get a RKII combo, thinking the tube selections would be perfect for the variety. Never could exactly what I wanted.
Today I got a LSC head/2X12. Without fighting pedals, without struggling with settings, I'm getting what I was looking for.
Honeymoon? Probably, but the other two amps never gave me exactly the classic sounds I wanted and I worked my *** off trying.
Dang, that was an expensive search, how many of you guys use the LSC for geezer rock? 8)

I use mine for all manner of music. Try the channel 2 settings on mine in this pic and boost the front end with a TS type overdrive.

IMG_0047.jpg

madryan said:
I use mine for all manner of music. Try the channel 2 settings on mine in this pic and boost the front end with a TS type overdrive.

IMG_0047.jpg

I'll try that, thanks. I use a Barber DD, but it would be killer if I could plug straight in and play.

sbalderrama said:
cb101 said:
"geezer rock" plus jazz! Great amp.

+1. I also use a Tube King to take it into metal territory. Makes the IIC+ do a double take. ;)

We do a couple of Black Sabbath songs, don't laugh...that's as close to metal as I get. :lol:

ol4t said:
I'll try that, thanks. I use a Barber DD, but it would be killer if I could plug straight in and play.

IF you want to go direct just up the gain a bit. I use that as my "mid gain" setting and boost the front end with a gaggle of pedals for different sounds.

"Finally Found What I've Been Looking For?"

Hmmm....that'd make a nice song title.

Seriously...I'm a geezer. I rock. I play geezer rock, blues and country.

The LSC is perfection. I have a LSC head like yours with a 212 cab, plus a 112 combo.

Charles

Charles Reeder said:
"Finally Found What I've Been Looking For?"

Hmmm....that'd make a nice song title.

Seriously...I'm a geezer. I rock. I play geezer rock, blues and country.

The LSC is perfection. I have a LSC head like yours with a 212 cab, plus a 112 combo.

Charles
Come to think of it, that IS a song isn't it?
The 212 cab is great, I'd like a little more height, they ordered a 4X10 for me to try. Might get'em both. :lol:

Who are you calling a geezer. 56 and still opening for national acts, but the tour is over for sure. :lol: I can't help but notice the treble on both channels is rolled off, What's up with that? Oh, and everyone should really have more than one Lonestar. :D
[/img]

BobL-I've got eight years on you and still play live but most of my time is spent in the studio. I guess us "older guys" still have something left! LOL

ol4t-Most of the time I use a L5 for jazz and fusion but I love the LSC with Strats and Tele's too.

BobL said:
Who are you calling a geezer. 56 and still opening for national acts, but the tour is over for sure. :lol: I can't help but notice the treble on both channels is rolled off, What's up with that? Oh, and everyone should really have more than one Lonestar. :D
[/img]

OK...I won't call you a geezer....but I'm 56 also...and proud to have survived into 'geezer-hood'! chuckle!

I too felt the treble (on LS) was rolled-off...a bit too much for my taste. So I followed the old tried-and-true Fender expedient....I added brightness caps. If you're not content to go the trial-and-error or hit-and-miss route....do what I did. You can put in a 3-way on-off-on mini-toggle. Put a 22pf on one on-position and a 33pf on the other...works well for me but experiment to suit your taste. The 22pf adds much needed (in my opinion) 'high-end-sparkle' and the 33pf adds a 'bit' of upper 'mid-range' too; and it (the 33pf) is useful for bringing out some 'crunch'. I haven't tried it with EL34s since adding the 33pf but it might possibly make the sound more "Marshallesque"...for those that might be seeking that.

Of course 'brightness caps' aren't for everyone and they can be overdone (think Fender Deluxe Reverb re-issue); but for 'geezers' like me who grew up on amps with them....they seem natural and are a useful tone-shaping tool!

Charles

hey ol4t
Back in the late 80s early 90s, I ran Marshalls and Bedrocks for my main guitar rig, with a 1987 Fender dual Showman (black with the red knobs) as my cleans and high gain lead sound. I am now using a LoneStar Classic for my cleans after looking for months for another Fender Dual Showman and unable to find one. The two are almost interchangible. The Marshalls and Bedrocks are now replaced with a Recto and a Stiletto. Nice choice on the LoneStar Classic.

MyRig2.jpg

Bmarchant

BMarchant said:
hey ol4t
Back in the late 80s early 90s, I ran Marshalls and Bedrocks for my main guitar rig, with a 1987 Fender dual Showman (black with the red knobs) as my cleans and high gain lead sound. I am now using a LoneStar Classic for my cleans after looking for months for another Fender Dual Showman and unable to find one. The two are almost interchangible. The Marshalls and Bedrocks are now replaced with a Recto and a Stiletto. Nice choice on the LoneStar Classic.

MyRig2.jpg

Bmarchant
Thanks for the reply, what happened to your showman?

Latest posts

Back