LSC - Better reverb possible?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DantheMan

Reaction score
I'd like to get a better reverb sound from my LSC. I play with a guy who uses a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe that had an updated reverb tank (with what, I don't know) and his reverb sound is way better than mine. Traditionally, Boogie reverbs have never been that great compared to the better Fenders. Does anyone have any suggestion for what I could try?

P.S. I play a lot of Rockabilly, Surf, Blues, kinda stuff.

Hey DantheMan!

I'm not picking but I gotta tell you. I've got the LSC 1 x 12. I have the reverb set on "bright" channel 1 @12:30 and channel 2 @ 11:30 and I've got plenty of reverb and could add in plenty more. Mesa even stated that the LSC and LSS probably have the best reverb that they've ever made.

If you check through the board you'll find guys that are unhappy with certain things about their LSC's & LSS's but I don't remember seeing anyone that said they didn't have enough reverb. (I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing it)

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............very puzzling.

Are any of you other LSC/LSS owners unhappy with your reverb?

I'm wondering if yours is working right. If it is, have you tried using a delay pedal adjusted to give you more "depth?" I'm just fishing at this point.

Good luck!

Hey Old-Guy/DanTheMan,

I've heard of complaints on the F-series reverbs. I've voiced my concerns about that regarding my F-50, but haven't heard anything about the LSC or LSS having weak or sterile reverb.

I believe that DanTheMan has, or at least had, an F-50. You might look into Accutronics reverbs to see if they may have an upgrade.

Good Luck, Gary-

The LSS I tried extensively had the widest pallett of reverb I've ever heard. I can't imagine anyone ever complaining of the amount or tone of the reverb on these amps...
Maybe what you're looking for is a little delay??If so, I suggest the Deluxe Memory Man, more on this in "effects" column..
ax. 8)

I'm just stating that when played next to my friend/co-guitarist's Fender Hotrod Deluxe, the LSC reverb doesn't have that sort-of-hot/cooking-sparkle that comes out of the Fender reverb. The Boogie sound is more smooth and soft. It's just not as lively as the Fender. It sounds good by itself, but next to the Fender, not as happening.

I always liked the reverb on my LSC better than my Twin. To each his own I guess.

I think you hit it on the right description. The LSC 'berb is smoother, almost warmer, than the better Fendre ones I've heard. I would characterize the LSC reverb as having more depth.

Fender does make a stand alone reverb that is supposed to be very nice.

Does the LS Classic have the Bright/Warm switch for the reverb on the back panel like the Special? Have you tried both positions?

Sorry if that's too obvious, it was just a thought...

Yeah the LSC has the switch.

I guess its just like some people like digital reverb some hate it.

A lot of people love the reverb on the Blue Angel I think it could be less swooshy.

Very subjective even when many would agree the LSC has great reverb.

Someones bound to not like it.

You can always get a Fender tank.

Hi All,
If you go to the Morley/Sound Enhancements website, they are Accutronics, there is a page the will explain what the code is on your reverb tank, you can use that code to replace the take and figure out what you need for a longer or shorter delay.

Also,
Use the best preamp tubes you can find in the reverb driver and recovery locations. Every tube will sound slightly different and have a different gain structure. Just messing with the 12ax7's or at7's may get you what you are looking for.

Steve

I have a Lone Star Classic 2x12 and a Hot Rod Deluxe 2x12 and I much prefer the reverb on the LSC when comparing both amps side by side. I guess it just goes to show you how subjective good tone is. I actually don't use the built in reverb because I prefer the reverb from my G-Major, but in my opinion the LSC has one of the best reverbs I have heard in an amp.

Brewski said:
Hey Old-Guy/DanTheMan,

I believe that DanTheMan has, or at least had, an F-50.
Good Luck, Gary-

Hey Gary,

This is a different guy. Me? I'm still rockin' with my F-50 :) I have a handful of posts/clips in the Rigs & Tones, and of course I'm very active over at HC. :cool:

DanTheMan, just be aware that our monikers are very similar and confusable. If we're ever confused, just send 'em my way. :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

Back