LSC and Stilletto: Ultimate Classic Rock Rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medwards1969

Reaction score
Get Stilletto and Lonestar Classic Heads and stack them on a six space effects rack, with dedicated 212s along one side. , each with their own proper speaker types especially suited to the amp it is hooked to.

Hook both amps up to a modern switcher, like the Switchblade GL. Hook up the effects loops on both amps to the Switchblade I/O. Think of the possibilities . . .

Now, either preamp can play mono, or W/D, from either direction, or play two amps simultaneously, or any combination with mixing, etc. Like an A/B Swich Box would do, exept now A or B can run to two power amps if you want it to, or not, depending on the patch.

It could be perfect. It could be the classic rock rig of ALLLLL Timeeesssss. :)

I've been considering this setup lately. I have a LSC and love the clean blackface sounds, but being a former Marshall player, I miss the harmonics of the el34s. I know this is what Andy Timmons uses for his rig and he's been complemented by Eric Johnson for his tone (which is like God telling you).

I heard a guy on this post who put out a clip of a LSC with el34s and it sounded killer, but he lost the great clean headroom that the 6l6s give you. Endless possibilities!!!!!!

If one wanted to make a poor man's version of this rig, could you stack a stilletto head ontop of an LSC combo, and have both running (never at the same time) into the LSC's cabinet/speakers?

Dumb idea?

Well I have the amps so i suppose the switchblade may be in order soon . Actually I have the Deuce, the LSC head is arriving on Tuesday .

I've got em both and am totally stoked, thers nothin' like switchin' from 100watts Lonestar clean to channel 2 Fluid drive on the Ace :twisted:

Thats what im after , although im a bit more into the tite gain mode of channel 2 . The rep told me my LSC head was shipped this past tuesday so it should arrive here in SC this coming Tuesday :D :twisted:

Barry said:
Thats what im after , although im a bit more into the tite gain mode of channel 2 . The rep told me my LSC head was shipped this past tuesday so it should arrive here in SC this coming Tuesday :D :twisted:

Wow! 4 great Mesa amps at your disposal... You want to run the LSC into an open back cabinet, don't you? One side of your Road King cabinet while the Stiletto goes into the other?

123thefirst said:
Barry said:

Wow! 4 great Mesa amps at your disposal... You want to run the LSC into an open back cabinet, don't you? One side of your Road King cabinet while the Stiletto goes into the other?

Actually I like your idea but not wild about playing through one speaker . I love my 4X12 box . Its one of the best additions I made for my rig . Im using a Tonebone VT head switcher

Latest posts

Back