LSC 1X12 / 2X12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfk

Reaction score
Hello all. I am wondering about the speaker placement on the LSC 1X12. Is it offset to one side so that another 12" speaker can easily be added, or would the stock speaker need to be moved over to make room?

The 1x12 has the speaker in the center. I'd imagine that all you'd need to do is create a new baffle to add another speaker.

Personally, I've got a few extension cabs (1x12) that I'd use instead.

Thanks for the fast response. I should have known they wouldn't make it that easy.

jfk said:
Thanks for the fast response. I should have known they wouldn't make it that easy.

You are welcome. I think they made it properly. The speaker utilizes the whole cabinet. And, because of it's size, I would not have bought it otherwise.

A baffle is easy as hell to make. It requires virtually no skill since it isn't seen by anyone it doesn't have to be pretty.

I am considering the LSC and was wondering how easily I could try different speaker configurations.

I had a LSC 2X12, and I like the sound of the 1X12 better. Had em both, now own the 1X12. More depth to the single, IMHO.

jfk said:
I am considering the LSC and was wondering how easily I could try different speaker configurations.

How handy are you? If you can cut marginal straight lines and use a reciporicating/jig/saber saw to cut out the holes you'd be fine.

Conveniently, the Mesas have multiple ohmage outputs

Speaker replacement would look like this:
1. Remove the grill
2. Disconnect the speaker
3. Remove the baffle
4. Remove the speaker from the baffle
5. Use the old baffle as a template for your new baffle and cut new baffle
6. Get the measurements for your new speaker holds and layout on a the new bafle.
7. Drill a 1/2" hole in the near center and use a saber-saw to cut out the holes
8. Install speakers on to baffle
9. Install baffel into combo
10. Connect speakers

If I were to do anything to my LSC it would be to build a custom cab with 2 10" speakers rated at 8 ohm to run it down to 4 ohms.

Has anyone done this with a Rectoverb? From what I understand, it also is housed in a 2x12 cabinet...

strumminsix said:
jfk said:

How handy are you? If you can cut marginal straight lines and use a reciporicating/jig/saber saw to cut out the holes you'd be fine.

Conveniently, the Mesas have multiple ohmage outputs

Speaker replacement would look like this:
1. Remove the grill
2. Disconnect the speaker
3. Remove the baffle
4. Remove the speaker from the baffle
5. Use the old baffle as a template for your new baffle and cut new baffle
6. Get the measurements for your new speaker holds and layout on a the new bafle.
7. Drill a 1/2" hole in the near center and use a saber-saw to cut out the holes
8. Install speakers on to baffle
9. Install baffel into combo
10. Connect speakers

If I were to do anything to my LSC it would be to build a custom cab with 2 10" speakers rated at 8 ohm to run it down to 4 ohms.

Guitar55 said:
Is it possible to get the same grill cloth that Mesa uses?

G55, this is why I am not rushing into the project. I don't know and have a feeling that if they do sell it the price would be high.

TheRazMeister said:
Has anyone done this with a Rectoverb? From what I understand, it also is housed in a 2x12 cabinet...

Hey Raz,

I tried it with my ROV, I got the new speaker and the wood and went to take out the old baffle and it looked like I would have had to take the whole combo cabinet apart to get the baffle out, or atleast take the top or bottom off to slide the baffle out. The baffle looks like it's set in there in a groove and locked in to place with the top and bottom parts of the cab. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be :cry: , thats why I sold it and got a Tremoverb (and sold that and got a RK).

That's my expierence with it.

J,
the more I think about it, I'm either better off getting a 2x12 combo or just get a 2x12 cab....plus I didn't realize it would be as much of a pain to add the 2nd speaker 8)

tele_jas said:
TheRazMeister said:

Hey Raz,

I tried it with my ROV, I got the new speaker and the wood and went to take out the old baffle and it looked like I would have had to take the whole combo cabinet apart to get the baffle out, or atleast take the top or bottom off to slide the baffle out. The baffle looks like it's set in there in a groove and locked in to place with the top and bottom parts of the cab. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be :cry: , thats why I sold it and got a Tremoverb (and sold that and got a RK).

That's my expierence with it.

Back