Looking to purchase a 1985 Mark III, need some info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decerto

Reaction score
I tried looking, couldn't find a serial number, stripe, or anything. I found it at the local Guitar Center, and all they knew about it was that it was a 1985 Limited Edition combo with an EVM 12L speaker. They're asking $899 for it. It has reverb, but no EQ, and no simul-class. Is this one I should pursue, or wait for something else? Also does anyone have any info about this? It seemed to sound fantastic, but in order to get a decent rhythm sound, I had to pull R2 and Lead then dime the gain. It was super tight, and very open sounding, just great. The lack of EQ is a bit of concern for me, but it already sounded great without it. What do you guys think? Opinions/Info?

I've got a 1985 mark III no stripe, the difference in tone when the EQ is on is night and day difference, I couldn't imagine not having the EQ option. I'm my opinion it's a must, but that's just my opinion.

Sean

Seanboy said:
I've got a 1985 mark III no stripe, the difference in tone when the EQ is on is night and day difference, I couldn't imagine not having the EQ option. I'm my opinion it's a must, but that's just my opinion.

Sean

That was kinda my thought. Especially for the price, I imagine I could get one with an EQ at LEAST.

There's a blue stripe combo (w/EQ, Reverb, Simul) on ebay right now for $899 and the guy says he'll knock another $100 off due to a scratchy pot.
Go for it! Item # 181080449358

I paid 8 for my blue rev eq simul combo last year. It seems like there are plenty of them to go around so getting a good deal on a loaded one should be feasible.

I did end up finding one fully loaded in mint condition, with fresh tubes and the R2 mod. $900. Not terrible, I don't think.

Latest posts

Back