Looking for an LSC - opinions needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucesinger

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Once again, I am on the hunt for a used LSC. (budget dictates used). I am having difficulty finding a used 23" head in black.

I am considering buying a combo and then swapping out to an after-market head shell. (I have contacted Saxon for a quote)

What do you guys think? I would welcome any pros/cons/input. Thanks!

Not a bad way to go. I know there was recently a short head for sale at The Gear Page emporium. Such a great format for the amp.

Getting a combo and ordering a head shell is a good plan otherwise, unless you really don't have room to keep the combo cab around. I've gone back and forth with mine... currently it's back in the combo, but I've kept the head shell because you never know. So I'd only recommend getting a combo if you have room to keep it. You might have regrets about getting rid of it.

The 1x12 combo sounds really, really good as-is.

Yeah, I saw the short head over the weekend, but I really want the 23" version for my rig.

The good news is that I'm about to strike a deal for one in a Saxon medium head shell!

I'm about 7 years into my LSC 2 x 12 combo and if I was doing it all over again I'd get a head/cab rig just to shave off the weight. The LSC is a great amp but as everyone knows it's a beast on wheels. But I love it! In addition to all the good stuff with 6 strings that amp produces the best clean Ric 12 tones I've ever heard.

Latest posts

Back