Looking for an Alternative to FU-3 footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Hi
I bought my MKIV without a footswitch (it was second hand)
I cant seem to find any FU-3's around second hand & there Pretty expencive around here .

Just wondering if anyone has found an easy & alternative way of switching
the Three channels .
I know I can go the MIDI rout but looking for an easier way at the monment

Thanks

I use an Axess Electronics CFX4 with the Mark IV custom cable. I use MIDI for a bunch of things, so this was a nice addition to the rack.
I think it works great and Mario builds great products that are priced reasonable. I also have the MFC5 for a MIDI controller because I didn't want a large pedal with a ton of features and I think this works great.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/

Thanks about that I was looking into Axess Electronics stuff.

But I was hoping there could be a way just to switch Three channels
I leave the EQ on all the time .

All I need is some cheep way to switch three channels.
Im trying to look into making a cheep switcher.I wonder if anyone has made something similar.

Well, the Axess stuff will definitly do that.
If you are going to try to make one, you would probably have to design a circut that would allow 1 switch to close the circut for the channel you want and open the previous one that was closed. Probably open then close so both channels are not on at once. That would make it more complicated and expensive.

I use to do it with my GMajor and FCB1010 controller. I had for tip to ground switches, but I think the Axess stuff was a much better solution, seemed to work much better.

Rolls use to make an RP93 that I think would work, but you will probably have to go hunting on ebay.

This is a pedal board I made for my MKiii. Just buy some footswitches from your local electronics store. Wire them up to a standard shielded cable, stick a jack on the end and plug them into the rear footswitch holes. Then just mount the switches in a box.
pedal.jpg

You could try the Rocktron MidiOctopus. The guy I got my Mark IV from was using that instead and it worked fine. From Mesa the FU-3 will cost you $250 plus shipping. On e-bay maybe a couple hundred depending upon who else is shopping. The MidiOctopus is much cheaper.

couldn't you plug a single momentary/latching footswitch (such as the boss FS-5U (?)) into each MIDI jack on the back of the Mark IV, and switch channels that way?

Latest posts

Back