Looking at two used Lonestar's, need to choose one

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonoflife

Reaction score
One is an original Lonestar (50/100), the other is the new Lonestar Classic (10/50/100). Both are local CraigsList posts, and I'm wondering which one I would be better off with?

I tried the original LS in person and I absolutely loved it. He is asking $1200 but I think he would take an offer of a little less. It's in very good condition, no tolex wear/rips and has all the paperwork as well as the slip cover and footswitch. It's in the blue tolex.

The other is the newest one and from what I've been told has only been turned on a handful of times, and for all intents and purposes (from what I've been told) is basically brand new. Guitar Center offered him $1000 for it, we agreed on a price of $1250. I haven't tried it out but I would imagine it would be almost tonally identical to the original.

I have read that the main difference between the original and Classic is obviously the 10w switch, but I also read something about the way the reverb switching between wattages works is different on the newer models.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who is selling the original would go down to $1100, but I'm just curious of people's opinions on this scenario. Is the extra $150 worth it for the Classic version? Is there anything to be aware of when it comes to the original vs the Classic in terms of malfunctions or anything else I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance so much, I appreciate any feedback!

Latest posts

Back