Look what I found at NAMM.... It's Finally Here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shredtheater said:
well i think im actually gonna have to try one before i buy anything. At the moment im favouring the vigier but who knows.......

hey hey I was thinking of a vigier as well but if I had saved enoigh I would go with a black machine

you heard of them/seen them they look sound and play outta this world

go hunt them down

man they are seriously nice. 12 month waiting list tho. That B7 looks a beast, i have absolutely no idea what they play like tho, i cant imagine ill be able to try them out at my local soundcontrol! They certainly look much better than the vigier but i have no idea who plays them or what they cost.

Im guessing there gonna be around the £1500 - £2000 mark in which case i could buy another petrucci although it seems crazy to have the same guitars especially when im not a devout 7 string player. Man, i cant deal with these dilemmas! The schecters seem a great deal for their price but i dont really wanna pay 700 or whatever and not be satisfied, id rather wait and get the right beast, save money in the long run. The Vigier are more pricey but not bank breaking, they look like they play nice, low cutaway, maple necks etc but man they certainly werent designed by 'le artiste'. The JP7 will be awesome but its alot to spend on a 7.

Anyway ive gt to sell all my old gear before i buy anything....

sell me your g string....ohh **** I mean G system....;);)

the vigier do look like they would tick all the boxes,another JP for me as a seven string in desert gold would be nice but the same problem faces me,alot to spend on a 7 when I wouldnt use it that much

the guitarist from Sikth(I dunno if that the correct spelling I dont listen to them)uses the Black machines,from what I can remember the b2 snakewwod came in at around £1799-£1999

I doubt you will be able to find one in soundcontrol!!! lol

yeah I will buy your G System if your sellin( I doubt it but hay :()

darn it...you sure thats your decision(I want one of these badboys real bad)haha

ahh well worth a shot,I wouldnt sell mine If I had one either

as for the dual rec,I would if I wasnt really wanting to get a MKIV

as far as my knowledge I would say the standard
Low B,E,A,D,G,B,e

but some use altered tuning like guys use on regular 6 strings and tune the extra low string down a 4th lower than the low E

the guitar in this thread is normally in flats(nevermores jeff loomis tunes it that way)
so
Bb,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,eb ets ets

the 7 string was revolutionised by Stev Vai in the late 80's early 90's on the passion and warfare album but was actually used for Jazz guitar before hand,it was a great extention for chords,bass line and chord style playing and extreme scalar runs
The first was designed by a frenchman in the 30's or 40's
I will get back to you with his name and the exact period :)

Do you keep the rest of the strings in standard when lowering the B-A or do you drop them all by a whole step as well??

thats unuasual I aint heard of that tuning before,thanks I will check that in mind

What sorta stuff do you play with it??

Mostly shred or fusion on guitar. Lately I've been getting into bass more and more. My goal is to get an upright bass and do some Rockabilly slappin'.

Back