Look what I found at NAMM.... It's Finally Here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll gladly take that small logo Recto off your hands there......Nice man, can't wait to hear the guitar, looks awesome.

-AJH

i was at the NAMM show and i played that guitar. Great choice man! i really liked it, the floyd rose didn't go out of tune ever time i did a dive bomb like the rest of them, the hell raiser is also a really good choice if you wanna go with schecter floyd rose guitars.

awesome man, Im very much a Loomis fan but i originally dismissed this guitar due to the Floyd rose and emgs. I have floyd on my ibanez 7 and if a string breaks i have to go and get it setup again. How do ou find the EMGs?? i have the zakk set in my ibanez 6 string which is tuned down to C but i hate the tone for leads.

Also, if you dont mind me asking, how much are these guitars?? I was looking at getting another EBMM JP but there abit expensive considering im not a devout 7 string player and i also looked at the Vigier but i cudnt find much out?? Any thoughts??

Also, and please excuse my ignorance withthis question, but what does the extra scale length do??

I hear ya. I too am not a fan of EMG's, Seymour Duncan has the new "Blackout" that will have a direct replacement for this guitar. The floyd is sturdy, the guitar comes with the GHS 7M set which is a thick set of strings. The trem is a bit stiff and the metal used is better quality than what Ibanez makes their trems from. I know I have 3 Ibanez's with Edge trems. I doubt that you'll have issues with strings breaking. Schecter's are solid and I truly feel they are quality instruments. The scale length is only to make the low B more taught and not flubby. I don't even notice the difference. The guitar is a set neck as well so you'll feel how solid the guitar is when you play it. I got mine for a great price, ~$700 USD. I also have an EB/MM Petrucci, I like the guitar's functionality. I did change out the pickups to accommodate my style , which made an improvement but there is something still lacking. It's not the first guitar I come home to and immediately want to pick up. The Loomis has been one of 4 that I usually play alot now.

**** it ! Thats a kickass set up you got there man, Sweetass Guitar!!
I have a 7 string schecter also lov'em. What type of music do you like to jam by the way ?

yeh definetely the good stuff. One question, how does the neck compare to the Petrucci. Obviously its gonna be wider but is it a reasonably similar depth. The neck on my ibanez is like a baseball bat. Its a wizard 7 neck.

i want it. i love schecters
ive got a Omen 6 and C1-E/A, both have fantastic necks and tone.
i didnt know so many ppl used them (theyre relatively unheard of here in eastern canada it seems)

looks really cool but look at mine

fullnj9.jpg

Cool Blackjack! I like the fact that you have more options pickup wise for this guitar if you wanted. Not to say that the JB/'59's aren't cool, but you have flexability that I don't with the Loomis.

man i like that 7 string. Whilst those seymours wouldnt be my pickup of choice at least they arent emgs, and i like the lack of a floyd rose although i wouldnt mind a trem of some sort. The only thing thats bothing me is the neck access. That cutaway is pretty high up so im assuming that access to those high frets would be a bit tricky??? How do you find it??

sure its a little tricky. thats the best part... but, if i honest the fretboard is hard to play. i supose that with time and practice maybe will be a little easy.

well i think im actually gonna have to try one before i buy anything. At the moment im favouring the vigier but who knows.......

Back