Longest Wait?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
So what's the longest wait anyone's experience waiting for an ordered amp? :lol:

I waited 14 months for a RKII! It was right when they were going from series I to II. There was a ton of miscommunication and false information about the status of the Road Kings floating around. I think they ended up holding out until NAMM to release the RKII with the upgraded features. I was told before that it would be 3 months, then it became 6, and so on! I was also told that they were having trouble getting a certain part in.

Luckily I have had it for a year now, and the tone is great! (but channel 4 has been giving me problems lately... :cry: )

Troy said:
I waited 14 months for a RKII! It was right when they were going from series I to II. There was a ton of miscommunication and false information about the status of the Road Kings floating around. I think they ended up holding out until NAMM to release the RKII with the upgraded features. I was told before that it would be 3 months, then it became 6, and so on! I was also told that they were having trouble getting a certain part in.

Luckily I have had it for a year now, and the tone is great! (but channel 4 has been giving me problems lately... :cry: )
You must have wanted a RKII real bad!

slightly off topic but is anyone else here a dualrecto status or is it just boogiebabies,pretty impressive man

ol4t said:
You must have wanted a RKII real bad!
I should have mentioned... I ordered a floor model RKI in 2005 with some scuffs on the tolex only because the salesman at Guitar Center promised to order me a new one. I was allowed to keep the RKI as a loaner until the new one came in. I didn't have any idea that I would be getting a revised model (and was furious that the new one had a missing pentode/triode switch - but now realize I don't even miss that function)!

mesanomad100 said:
slightly off topic but is anyone else here a dualrecto status or is it just boogiebabies,pretty impressive man
Yo no comprendo. :?:

mesanomad100 said:

I think he is the only one to have achieved that so far...

Realistically though it should say, "The Man"

ol4t said:
mesanomad100 said:
Yo no comprendo. :?:

He means the post title under his name. I think I'm about there too :oops:

mesanomad100 said:
:oops: Now I get it! :oops:

I noticed ned posted the highest you can go is roadking with 4001 posts,could someone tell us the cut off for each amp status,cheers

Euan

2001 Posts, but still only 2.6 posts per day. Some of these guys joined last week and there at 700 !!! :D

I dont start posts and I stay away from really goofy crap like Rodan v/s Godzilla, Batman v/s Spiderman. Too me, to compare amps I buy them.
I don't use the term "owns". I don't have GAS. I use I too much.

Other than the RK II v.2, which was a net purchase paid for 2 years ago, I don't have a **** thing that's new. I just missed out on a Bogner 101B that got snagged for $ 1200 at the local GC. I played a Gibson Explorer last night, and hated it. It was 4 planks of different grained mahogany.
Call me a picky *******, but I am. I ripped a bit on the Ace which was a nasty, nasty sounding amp. I would get one, but I like the SLO 100 better, plus the RK II in Vintage with EL34's is pretty sweet.

Thanks for reminding me how pathetic my life is by point out I am now a Dual Dorktifier. :cry:

Thanks alot. Now someone send me some gut shots so I can get out of this funk. :D

Back