lonestar v. maverick v. blue angel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mammothcave

Reaction score
has anybody played all 3 of these amps? i'm curious as to how they all compare. the one i've played is the lonestar and it's absolutely the best clean amp i've ever played. how do the maverick and blue angel stack up against it, and what genre are they aimed at? anyone have any maverick clips?

cheers.

i played a maverick to pthe blue angel when i was buying the angel, hence i think u know which one i liked better, but the maverick is sweet. maybe because it was the 4x10 instead of the 2x12 :roll:

I own a Blue Angel, and I've played the Lonestar Special. Although they can have similar tube settings (one setting of the BA is 4xEL84), these amps are apples and oranges!

Both are nice amps, with good clean tones, and that's the main reason why I went Angel. The Lonestar Special has many more sounds, and it was more than I needed and couldn't justify the $600 difference.

I havent played the Blue Angel but have owned two Mavericks one of which had Celestion Greenbacks in it and one had Vintage 30's in it. I prefered the one with the Greenbacks in it.

That being said I dont like the clean channel of the Maverick but love the dirty channel of it.

I now have a Lone Star and am beside myself about this amp. Its the best amp I've ever owned and I have had a bunch of amps. Stll have a buch and they are all collecting dust.

I have had a couple of amps that do a slighly better clean sound than the Lone Star but those amps are one trick ponys. I'm shure I could stick a C12N in the Lone Star and match that clean sound but then it would be only good for clean sounds. As far as Plexi type sounds and Brown Fender sounds it does it in Spades.

For what this amp does it is supreme. I have a few booteek amps but this thing will do what all of em will do combined. IMO the Lone Star Rules the Earth.

Latest posts

Back