lonestar special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneloco

Reaction score
with only 30 watts to work with,can this amp keep up with a normal hitting drummer(lite rock,funk,reggae)

I'd say with rock and reggae it would be fine, but funk needs high clean headroom so 30 watts may not cover it.
Get the Lonestar Classic instead.

Chris... 8)

This is exactly what I'm struggling with as I get closer to my EPD "estimed purchase date". :)

I like the idea of a 30 watt Class A Boogie, but I also need a lot of clean headroom at times.

I will probably go with the LS Classic, which to my mind is like a Twin Reverb on steroids.

I love my Special, but it can't match a drummer for volume, not without a dirt pedal.

I'll be trying out a classic tomorrow! :)

I think the Classic in 100W, full power (vs. tweed) and diode rectifer will provide huge headroom. I don't think you can quite match this in the special which seems more geared toward getting that lower wattage bluesy sound like the old 15W Fender Champs or the newer Blues Junior.

NO problem hanging with a drummer. Are you guys playing to 1000 people or what? The Special easily could handle medium sized clubs.

Are you using a PA system? I'm playing with the LSS from small venues (100 persons) to indoor venues of 20,000 with no problems at all for stage volume with a PA. I dig the "Vox-esque" sound and the Mesa reliability!

Sincerely,

Back