Lonestar Special Volume Controls

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdyas

Reaction score
Mesa doesn't provide a schematic in the manual for the Lonestar Special (just got one). Does anyone know the signal path in regard to the channel "master" volume controls and the effects loop "output" control? For instance, what is the difference in the signal to the tubes if for the same overall volume you set the channel masters high and the output low versus setting the channel masters low and the output high?

The difference is if the Channels Masters are High and the Channel Gain is low you will get a very clean sound. Now if this is flipped you will get the tube overdriving and get distortion. That is the difference.

yes, i understand that in regard to overdrive about the channel gain and master- but my question was about the channel master and the effects output controls. this does not necessarily involve the channel gain.

Oh sorry.

If you look at the manual the signal path goes from the Channel master to the fx output which goes through (if I remeber right) one side of V4 then back into the other side of V4 (if the loop is used) then into V5 the Phase Inverter.

Is that part of what you want to know?

Also if the FX Loop is on then the Solo Function is foot switchable which gives you two master volumes.

With the FX Lopp in Hard Bypass V4 is out of the picture and both Final Master Volumes.

Latest posts

Back