Lonestar Special..Anyone playing a....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.Ace

Reaction score
A singlecoil Telecaster in a Lonestar Special?
How does it sound?
I'm planing to purchase another guitar soon and I hesitate between a Strat and a Tele.
Any recommandation?Pro and cons please.

Thank you!

F.Ace said:
A singlecoil Telecaster in a Lonestar Special?
How does it sound?
I'm planing to purchase another guitar soon and I hesitate between a Strat and a Tele.
Any recommandation?Pro and cons please.

Thank you!

That depends on your playing style and needs . I think either would be fine

I play many kind of music,Rock,jazz,blues,funk,shred,punk and metal.
I dont have a good singlecoil guitar,the last one i've purchase is a 360$ Hagstrom F-300,sound sweet but a bit noisy,dont stay in tune and its only 21 frets, i think Fender never go higher than 21,can anyone confirm me this.
Anyways 22 frets would be perfect for me.

Both my American Deluxe HSS Strat and Tele's have 22 frets. Depending on what model you are considering will determine the number of frets.

I play a Suhr Classic T (Telecaster by a former Fender Custom shop builder) into an LSS with an Eminence Red White & Blues speaker.

The T sounds great into the LSS. clean or overdriven. The LSS probably does not have as much brightness when set for cleans as some of the country twangers get using Fender BF Twin Reverbs or Fender Deluxe Reverbs (esp. if using JBL speakers), but nevertheless the LSS with a Tele sounds good. By the way, the Emininence RW&B adds just a little brightness over the stock C90 speaker, but only a subtle amount in my opinion.

I can just about nail Danny Gatton tones, although I don't pretend to be able to imitate his skilled playing.

I play a Tom Anderson Hollow T Classic (aka Telecaster) and it sounds phenomenal through my LSS....

and BTW the LSS with the C90 has more than enough brights for me -- use your tone controls to adjust to taste. I can't imagine needing any more brights than is already available.

I played a Suhr with V-60LP's into a LSS. Nice tone. If you buy a Strat or Tele, check into getting a prewired set of Suhr's premounted in a pick guard for your guitar. Get a used Am Dlx for around $600-800, $300 for the pickups. Do the install yourself and you have a $2000 boutique guitar for about half price.

hi guys i joined about two months ago and have been reading your posts and must say i have learned a lot about amps i have only been playing guitar for about 45 yrs now since i was 11yrs old and been in about 28 bands. i never took the time to learn about class A and A/B amps i just played them and made my decision on how they sounded! i have had a twin reverb,twin, vibrolux still got my vibrolux i have just done to many gigs with it i can't bring my self to sell it i have had it over thirty years.marshalls too.i live in british columbia canada.any way i wanted to get a amp that i could play bars, halls gyms small gigs.i love the lone star classic but i kept reading about this LSS amp 30 watts class A. its a four hour drive for me to the nearest mesa dealer so i had to do my home work on this amp.
i have a 2x12 LSS and i play a fender tele delux and a gibson custom les paul two very different guitars.i play lead guitar in a six peice country rock band and this little amp nocks the socks of any fender amp for country rock i love winding this little amp up and playing the bag out of it
but i also play blues too like gary moore and love santana too this amp to me can do it. i love the lonestar classic and will be getting one some time early next year i think any guitar would sound good through this amp thats what i love about this amp my tele sounds like a tele and gibson sounds like a gibson

Back