Lonestar/RK/F-Series cleans for Pink Floyd?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
1. Do any of you guys play any Pink Floyd stuff with your Lonestar/Roadking II/F-series?

2. How does it sound? Big and Creamy?

3. Got any clips?

4. Which amp do you use/speakers?

Lonestar Special can take you in that direction, but you need to retube it first (I went NOS, but there are lots of good modern alternatives too) and will also need to use a little mild compression. The stock Mesa tubes don't give a smooth enough overdrive (to my ears), but with the right retube you can Floyd it up - although if you really want that sound you need Hiwatt amps and a billion dollars worth of Pete Cornish effects - oh and you also need to be Dave Gilmour...

Thanks guys, but I already own all the effects needed.

So how are they do they compare to Hiwatt cleans?

I would say that the Hiwatt sounds bigger - which given the LSS is a little 30 watt 1 x 12 combo is probably not a shock

I just did a Pink Floyd tribute project for a radio contest with my Lonestar Classic. Here is a link to the mp3's. Caution, These are really big files that contain the leadin and outro radio dialog as well as the songs. I also only had 2 day's to prepare and three days rehearsal with the band, so be gentle with any critisim.

http://hedgecockmusic.com/Music/TheActionFigures/

Chris

Perfect just exactly what I was looking for!

WOOHOO im gonna g get that Road King II.

You convinced me with those clips since the RKII has LS cleans.

Thank you Thank you!

The tone sounds pretty good... I assume you don't have all the floyd effects right?

Wow that Lonestar sound awesome.

The tone sounds pretty good... I assume you don't have all the floyd effects right?

I simply used a PODxt Live in the LSC effects loop with the amp models bypassed.

I wished I had more time to get things just right, but the whole thing was a blast any way.

Chris... 8)

chedgeco said:

I simply used a PODxt Live in the LSC effects loop with the amp models bypassed.

I wished I had more time to get things just right, but the whole thing was a blast any way.

Chris... 8)

Anybody that can cover Pink Floyd and do a great job with it, has my respect!

Like the radio guy said, very well done!

And great tone from the LSC!

-Gary K

Latest posts

Back