Lonestar + Parker Fly Mojo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Has anybody tried a Lonestar Special or Classic with a Parker Fly Mojo?

The older Parkers fitted with DiMarzios are fairly bright instruments- and you will not find an instrument with better playability. The newer ones fitted with Duncans are a bit beefier by comparison.

Overdriven, I find the Parker's bridge a bit thin, but using the neck pickup fattens up the tone substantially. Honestly, it's no brighter than a Tele and I'm sure it's well suited to the tones the LS generates. Parkers do clean tones like nobody's business and through an amp like the LS, it should really be quite beautiful- even with mild overdrive, I reckon.

The Mojo is the mahogany neck/mahogany body + Duncans model. To my ears the standard pickup flys sound a bit thin, although still lovely to play.

Tried my Mojo with both amps this morning - sounds best to me with Lonestar Special - the Classic didn't have the same sparkle and character in either clean or overdrive channels. On the Special the cleans were very Stevie Ray playing a Dumble, and channel 2 sounded lovely - both in single coil and humbucker mode. The Jazz at the neck appealed more at first blush for overdrive than the JB at the bridge, although with more time I suspect there is a good nasty tone to be had there. With the bridge pickup in single coil mode through Channel 1 it was finger pickin good, like a Tele through a Twin. Likewise neck single for Strat + Twin. As with all guitar amps, both Lonestars struggled with the frequencies from the piezo.

So rig will be Mojo + Lonestar Special (mag pickups) + AER Compact 60 (piezo) - guitar does stereo so no splitter needed. Tone heaven.

Latest posts

Back