Lonestar Classic - First gig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippingrudy

Reaction score
I'm more of a lurker on this site but I felt compelled to write about my first gig with the Lonestar Classic last night. It is the 1X12 combo and I sat it on top of a 2X12 Recto cabinet (So the C90 in the combo was running and the two V30s in the recto cab).

I find the sound quality of this amp to be just unbelievable. The clean channel is beyond my expectations and the drive channel... Oh man! From some of the You-Tube videos I've watched you'd think this channel is weak. I don't know if these guys are setting it wrong but I got the sweetest overdrive with a beautiful compression that made lead playing effortless.

The settings I used were very close to those in the Andy Timmons thread where there is a picture of his Lonestar. Only difference is I ran the gain slightly higher with the drive slightly lower then the gain.

Although the amp has it's own vibe I think it covers the "Marshall" and "Fender" tones quite well. I recommend it to anyone who needs a versatile amp and can live without the "hyper gain" found in some metal amps.

Using an ext. cab really puts the sound over the top. It becomes so full and powerful. :D

Congrats on the satisfaction. I take those youtube clips with a grain of salt. They probably get recorded with some built-in lo-fi camcorder mic and then we usually listen on some junk computer speakers.

I found a couple of those clips, in particular, to be very thin and harsh sounding which is the polar opposite of how the Lonestar sounds.

It might be that some guys using the Lonestar are used to dialing in shitty Fender overdrive. hahaha

Back