Lonestar Classic - Channel 1 Crackling

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indifferent

Reaction score
Yes, occasional crackling on channel 1 only. When this occurs, channel 2 works as normal. Have swapped out V1, removed the foot switch from the circuit, checked capacitors, no visually apparent cold soldier joints. Has only occurred after the amp has been in use for more than 30 minutes or so. Flipping back and forth between channel 1 and 2 has no effect. Effects loop bypass has no effect as does cutting out the reverb. Cleaned tube sockets and assured all tubes are well seated. It can be fine during one session and then in the same location, without moving the amp, it can occur during the next session. Doesn't affect the tone at all. Any ideas???

At the gig last night, more than usual crackling started right before the second set. I flipped the power off and then right back on (forgot to go to standby first) and immediately no more crackling .... for the rest of the evening.

My amp did something like this for a while, years ago. I had to take it to my tech. He fixed it. Tech was beyond my understanding, but he replaced what looked like a couple of little resistors (were they screen resistors??).

Wasn't channel specific though, and usually it went away after the amp had been on for 10 minutes or so.

Not sure this helps you at all. :?

Latest posts

Back