Lonestar Abused!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash49

Reaction score
Hi folks. I went to GC today and what do you think I saw? An 'O5 LSC 1x12 combo used for $850. So what? Well, It was originally a custom order white tolex with tan grill, but some #@!%^$ing IDIOT had spray painted the entire amp gloss black, grill and all. They didn't even prime it. They did not even take the guts out. They just did a half assed job tapping over the knobs and wipping off the splatter. I took it it in the loud room and we took through the changes-all channels and modes and wattages-the thing sounded freakin' perfect-brand new in every way. What a crime! Who did this! There can't be too many white LSClassics made. I want to find the punk who did this and knock him up side the head with his skateboard!

haha you guys are awesome..but that is pretty horrible thats like seeing a dead animal on the side of the road that you like.

I think I'm going to pick it up after work. I'll post some pics befor, and after I refinish it. I fell sorry for it, you know! :shock:

I would DEFINITELY lowball those guys for that amp. You'd be LUCKY to get $500 for that on ebay. Spray painted like it was done by a 12 year old? That's just silly.

I wonder if you could strip the paint.. probably end up with it in the creases which could be worse I suppose. From your description, how much worse could it get? Worth a shot I suppose.

Stash 49: Here is your chance to use a little smarts to gain financially from someone elses stupidity.

I recommend removing the chassis, speakers, grillcloth first.

I recommend purchasing some mild, citrus-based paint stripper to get the paint off the vinyl. Try this on an inconspicuous spot first to make sure it doesn't dissolve the vinyl. You may have to use a soft toothbrush as well. Use plenty of newspapers or a tarp on the floor when ready to tackle the cabinet.

You will probably have to get a replacement grillcloth.

With a little work this baby will look like a million bucks again. Have fun!

Here it is -the picture does not do it justice-it's UGLY. It looks like it was dipped in roofing tar! The plan is to strip the tolex-sand, stain, and finish with tung oil. Also, I'm going to cut a nice piece of cherry wood for the name plate to attache to. I love Boogies!

Hosted on Fotki

The tolex was so horribly disfigured I had to strip her down. Any one know where I might get this covered in Snakeskin? (or simulated, stronger faux-snakeskin)?

Hosted on Fotki

stash49 said:
The tolex was so horribly disfigured I had to strip her down. Any one know where I might get this covered in Snakeskin? (or simulated, stronger faux-snakeskin)?

Hosted on Fotki

i would just varnish that. it'll come up beautifully. not solid wood i know but...

Stash49: It's starting to look good already.

Parts is Parts has Python and some other cool cover materials:

http://www.guitar-parts.com

Try also http://www.tubesandmore.com/

Chris, Boston MA

Mojotone will do it for you for around $200 + the materials.

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/

I had them do a rush job on my Soldano, :D it was Snakeskin :D now it's burgundy, like a Rivera. It cost me $150 for the head.

I would recommend letting them take their time though. The job they did on mine is great, but I feel that it is always good to let someone take their time when it comes to a finished product.

I can do it for the same price, plus materials, but I haven't figured out how to do the Mesa leather corners yet. I usually use metal corners after I'm done.

stash49 said:

Hosted on Fotki

Coming along nicely . The former owner needs to be punched out . what an idiot . I seem to remember hearing that they use hair dryers or something when applying vinyl to amps,cabs, etcc. I suppose it makes it more plyable to get around corners, etc.. .

Here it is in temporary status with the rest of my rig-I want it to look razor sharp and and righteous, just like it sounds. I am thinking to have it done in black taurus, tan grill and tan piping like the ACE, and do a frontplate out of solid cherry. What I really need is a real Mesa handle-tan, leather corners-tan, and piping-tan as well.

Hosted on Fotki

I've got a LSS 2-12 combo in the black tan finish --- custom ordered from Mesa. I think this is just a great color combo. I've got a black/tan head cab on order right now and plan to transfer the chasis over to the new head. So, I don't need the combo cab anymore. If interested, I'd sell the combo cab.

If nothing else, it'll give you an idea of what your LS combo is going to look like!

spray paint,boogie,what a f**kin idiot,I mean why but a custom option in white when you could have got it in freakin black!!!!
I agree If you find him take him outside and give him a good smacking with his skateboard,stupid fool

hahahaha,
lookin good though.

Can you put the guts of a LSC into the combo cab of a LSS? That would be cool!

stash49 said:
Can you put the guts of a LSC into the combo cab of a LSS? That would be cool!

I understood that to be the case that the LSS and the LSC chasis were the same dimensions and had the same mounting points. A call to Mesa would probably answer the question.

Back