Lonestar 2 x 12 ext cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telemaster

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with a 2 x 12 extension cab with the Lonestar?
I'm about to order one and was thinking about using it in a stack setup.

Stack it! :D Thats what I do. You'll be very impressed with the sound. What cab/speakers are you getting.

The 27" 2 x 12 which is a split back cab...thought I'd go with something different than what's in the amp as far as speakers just to get some tonal character.... need to check the amp first. was going to have them match my amp which is cream tolex/tan leather/tan grill...

what speakers would you recommend?

Hmmm, I don't have alot of speakers at my disposal. But here's my 2 cents. There has been alot of talk about speaker swaps on this forum. Even a current thread with webers. I personally tried webers( blue dog & silver bell 50w ceramic) in my LSC & V-30's also and was not happy. The C-90's still rule. And this was sort of the consensus on the board at that time. My 2x12 ext is a convertible, open/closed. I tried many combinations through open back, closed, V-30's, weber's and C-90's. Well, the ext. 2x12 closed back with the weber's found a home. In conjunction with the combo's open back C-90's, this sound was the biggest, fullest, & smoothest. The V-30's never pulled it off. That's what Mesa put's in their various 2x12 cabs.

Back