Lone Star Special or F-30 ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony50Cal+

Reaction score
Folks.........

Any input will be appreciated. I am thinking of purchasing a smaller Boogie. I've narrowed it down to the Lone Star Special and the F-30. I plan to use for smaller gigs and rehersals. I currently own a vintage 50 Caliber + which I am pleased with. The types of music I play are from rock to funk to jazz fusion to gospel. Not too much metal.........I how I do LOVE GAIN!!!

Any Lone Star Special or F-30 owners care to make suggestions?

Thanks,

I love my LSS.

If you are into high gain though, the F30 might serve you better. That's what I hear anyway; the LSS has way more gain than I will ever use. :)

IMO you should get the LSS. You can always get a distortion pedal, but you cannot get a killer clean pedal. Not to mention the reverb on the LSS is devine. I play rock, blues, gospel, and country with my LSS, when I feel in a high gain mood I run my digitech distortion factory on the DS1 setting... super killer!

Guys.........

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking of an F-30 mainly because of the small footprint. Although the LSS is slightly bigger, I will mosey on over to the Guitar Center and give the LSS a test drive.

Latest posts

Back