Lone star special effects loop solo boost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarvet

Reaction score
I've had my LSS for about 3 weeks now, and I think I'm running into a problem that I need help with. It seems that Ch 2 sound better to me with the effects loop disengaged. I think Ch 1 also sounds "richer" this way. Anyone else have the same experience? If it is the case, I need to be able to get a solo boost if I play without the effects loop. In my band, we run everything through the board, so overall volume is not an issue- but I do need the extra volume for solos and some riffs. I do not want to use a volume pedal- causes our on stage sound to vary too much (loud!) if me and the other guitarist both use a pedal. Just need a "boost". Any ideas?

I have that amp as well. My understanding is that the effects loop must be engaged in order to take advantage of the Boost function.

Exactly. Do you notice a difference in tone with the effects loop engaged vs when it is bypassed?

It is a bit different than with the loop off, but I'm not sure I'd call it a different tone. More of a volume issue in my opinion. When I've used the loop, it's been to insert a TC G-Major that I recently purchased (and have yet to spend the time to fully tweak).

Since this is a serial loop I would assume anything inserted would change the tone to some degree regardless of how clean the effects processor is, even on bypass. The effects loop itself introduces the front pots into the signal path, so there would have to be some effect on the overall sound.

Latest posts

Back