Lone Star Classic Questions??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new amp and the LSC is on my short list. Here are a few details about myself and what I'm looking for.

I play clean most of the time. The rest of the time it's a lite blues crunch. Never high gain. I play old finger style Chet, and Merle Travis. Some bluesy jazz, older country and older rock 'n roll. My guitars are PRS McCarty, PRS Johnny Hiland, Gibson ES-339 and Tele. I'll be using it for home use only. I like Amps with a Fender tone, in the vain of my HRD (clean only). I think that covers it.

My questions are: 1, Will the LSC cover my needs? 2, Will the LSC Tone hold up at low volume? Usually the higher the watts used, the cleaner the tone. I'm afraid of the 100 and 50 watts being to much for home, and the 10 watt not having the crystal clean tone of the high watt settings. 3, which configuration? 112, 212 or 410? 4, does it work well with single coils and humbuckers, or is it better with one or the other?

Of all the settings/switches this amp has, what works well and what doesn't cut it?

I'm being very anal about the amp I buy this time. I'm tired of buying amps I think will work, to find out that they work for some things and some guitars, but not others. I've lost a lot of money on buying and selling amps (still fun though). I thought I had "THE" amp . Last year I bought a Lone Star Special 410. Great amp with the guitars I was using, Tele and Strat. Since then I've bought a PRS McCartry, PRS Hiland and a Gibson ES-339. I've never been able to dial the Humbuckers in with the LSS and sold it recently.

There you have it, the whole story.

Thanks, Res

Latest posts

Back