LOG latest album tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
daffy1a2.gif

sacrament isnt just mark ivs. they wanted to go in a different direction and in that aspect it was a sucess if you ask me. i personally like ashes better but like most decent bands log does not want to put out the same album twice. and that album sounded thin because they didnt double track (i think...or quadruple track as there are two guitarists) or any other fancy recording tricks

I'm sure I read somewhere that they used Mark IV's and Framus amps on Sacrament.

I personally prefer the tone on Ashes, for some reason the production on Sacrament doesn't sound as good. Which is weird as they used the same producer for the last couple of albums.

Yeh, I'm a pretty big LOG fan but I'd have to say.... Sacrament = horrible tone.
Ashes was much nicer sounding. Met them after a show down here in Melbourne. Their tone was VERY clear I'll admit, their sound guy was spot on and it was pure bliss to listen to, everything was nicely separated and everything was heard clearly.
I remember loving their tone until I got a Mark IV, then realizing there were BETTER tones to get out of the Mark IV haha!

I guess I'm in the minority here but I thought Sacrament was a step in the right direction from Ashes. Ashes sounds way to high end harsh for my liking and no mids definition.

As the Palaces Burn is where it's at for me. Huge growling mids, thick low end and a nice top end that doesn't have this 6K or somewhere around there hiss to it that Ashes has. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back