Little help with a rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake37

Reaction score
I'm using a pretty high gain EQ on the 'Modern' setting and really like the sound I get, but I've noticed that when I crank the amp to School Cafiteria (where my high schools battle of bands is =) level, the sound gets a little funky. It's a less smooth sounding, preticularly the farther away I stand. A little too crunchy, or something.
My settings are(clockface style): gain 2:20 treble 1:00 mid 8:00 bass 2:00 presance (spelling) 9:00 master 1:30 and output around 11:30
Those are my cranked settings. Normally it's the same but with lower volume on both master and output.

Thanks for any help!

Blake37 said:
I'm using a pretty high gain EQ on the 'Modern' setting and really like the sound I get, but I've noticed that when I crank the amp to School Cafiteria (where my high schools battle of bands is =) level, the sound gets a little funky. It's a less smooth sounding, preticularly the farther away I stand. A little too crunchy, or something.
My settings are(clockface style): gain 2:20 treble 1:00 mid 8:00 bass 2:00 presance (spelling) 9:00 master 1:30 and output around 11:30
Those are my cranked settings. Normally it's the same but with lower volume on both master and output.

Thanks for any help!
First, I don't know how you cut through with your mids at 8:00, so try them out at least on 12:00, and drop the bass to around 9-10:00. Treble and presence are good methinks. Then, adjust your gain, treble, presence, and master for the volume you want to play. The higher the master volume, the lower the gain, treble and presence should be.

The reason it sounds harsher the farther you are away is because you're actually hearing what the amp sounds like at speaker level. You're probably just using a ton of high end that you don't need. Think of the poor defenseless chicks in the front row while you're dialing-in your treble and presence. You don't want to take their heads off, right? :)

blake,

i agree with Hal. you need to get that presence up (12:00) mids up(10:00-11:00 recto-verb has a c90 a little more harsh than a v30) and bass down. also as you overal volume goes up your gain has to go down. i would try the gain at 12:00. this will give you bigger sound. a school cafeteria also isn't the best place to dial in a amp.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the cafiteria is pretty bad, but where I was dailing my 'loud' sound is worse; a spare-turned-music room in my basement! The window above my amp rattles whenever I play some form of a G note, which is a little scary sometimes. =)

Thanks again for all the help!

Modern mode on a rectoverb will sound like crap w/out a 2x12 cab with it...and you have to plug both the internal speakerand ext.cab into 4 ohm jacks(ONLYIF YOU USEEXT CAB8ohms)and try these settings

gain,treble,mids, bass-12:00

prescence-all the way down-9-10;00(mine is all the way down)

master at 9:00 and output whereever you need it

personally i find there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between C-90 and V30s
and you DON"T have to reduce the gain as you turn up the volume....that's just pure rubbish however once the gain is pushed past 12;00 you won't "cut-through" the mix and won,have as much clarity regardless of the volume.

Latest posts

Back