liking the Mark IVB so far...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedkirby

Reaction score
in terms of rhythym 2 channel...people around these parts lately have been saying that a boost/overdrive pedal on that channel like the ibanez tubescreamer , sounds amazing. the clips ive heard concur.

i just got my mark 4 b head...waiting for it to arrive....

ordered a modded tubescreamer 808 clone just for R2...cant wait....

I don't really understand what people find lacking in the R2 channel. It's the channel I use the most.
Just use it for what it's made for: from clean over dirty to overdrive depending on the attack of your plectrum. The better you play, the better it sounds.

rabies said:
I haven't EQ'd it a lot yet but I did turn the gain all the way up on it last nite.
Wow! My gain is at 2-3 pulled, treble at 6.
I only play guitars with normal pickups, no active stuff, and they're all different (P90, G&L, Höfner minibuckers, Guild jazzhumbuckers, Jazzmaster) but all really nice. The G&Ls are hotter than the others, so I get easier breakup, but that's about it.
All very lush, very harmonic, very sensitive to playing style...

rabies said:
what are all your settings for R2? I'll be sure to try them out. I have two guitars right now, LP and Ibanez, both with alnico pups...

Here are the settings I use for R2 channel:

Gain - 10 (pulled)
Treble - 8
mid - 6
bass - 2 or 3
Presence - 3 (pulled)

Works with EQ on or off, and obviously a good OD pedal in front of the amp doesn't hurt either.

Here they are:

2x6L6 + 2xEL34
Triode / Simulclass / Harmonics / Tweed

Gain = 2-3 pulled
Bass = 3
Mid = 6
Treble = 6
Prescence = 6 pushed

Optional GEQ:
80 = slightly above middle line
240 = upper line
750 = complete bottom
2200 = complete top
6600 = middle line

I hope everyone realizes that the midgain/harmonics setting is only effective on the lead channel (ch 3)!!! :oops:

Latest posts

Back