Light backwards

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooperro

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to this forum, but a Boogie user since circa 1985.

I had my Boogie red-dot updated in 2005. I also had the slave output converted to a R2 volume pot. All of this done by Boogie.

I haven't used my pedals in a long time (playing mostly jazz in my bedroom). I've now discovered, upon getting back into the Top-40/rock vein, that the rhythm 2 footswitch illuminates backwards. In other words, red is rhythm 2, and "off" is rhythm 1.

Any idea why? I can live with it if I have to. But, being anal as I am, would like to set it perfect. My ultimate goal is to buy one of those pedals from that third party that has lights for all four functions (eq and reverb too), and would like everything to work perfectly.

Bob
South Florida

Depends on what amp you have, on my Mark III Coli footswitches, lead/rhythm- (red is rhythm 1, and "off" is lead), rhythm 1 is red and rhythm 2 is "off". I like to use the rhythm 2 switch as a lead boost for solos, works well.

On my DC-5B it's the opposite, same goes for the 2 channel rectifiers, red is lead and "off" is rhythm.

Just the way it is, don't know why.

mesaboogie6L6 said:
Depends on what amp you have, on my Mark III Coli footswitches, lead/rhythm- (red is rhythm 1, and "off" is lead), rhythm 1 is red and rhythm 2 is "off". I like to use the rhythm 2 switch as a lead boost for solos, works well.

On my DC-5B it's the opposite, same goes for the 2 channel rectifiers, red is lead and "off" is rhythm.

Just the way it is, don't know why.

Sorry, I should have given a bit more info. My amp is a Mark III Simul-Class Combo, with Graphic EQ and Reverb.

I'm using two original Boogie footswitches that I bought with the amp: a lead/rhythm footswitch, and a separate rhythm 1/2 footswitch.

I just wish my footswitch lights worked like yours: on is clean and/or rhythm one, and off is lead and/or rhythm two.

Back