Level issues with Dual Rec and line 6 delay and boss pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondschwin

Reaction score
I have a dual rectifier 3 channel, and i use the foot board for swtiching in and out the effects loop, i recently purchased a line6 dl4 and ive always used a boss flanger in my loop as well, but whats bothering me is on the red channel set on modern voicing the line 6 pedal is perfect just a good delay theres no tone or volume issues but the flange is completely wayyyyyy to loud, and ear piercing when engaged, and then in the orange channel with the vintage voicing the line 6 pedal has a slight tone shift, like a high end roll off with the flange is ok, not too loud just normal, and on clean both are fine, right now i think i have my send at about 11 oclock and my return at 9 o clock...
and ive fiddled with them but this is the closest i can get,

according to line 6 the pedal is a regular stomp box level the +3 db stuff not -10 like rack gear

but im confused on how to get all these levels to balance out, my old boss pedal in the loop never caused this trouble but it just was a bad delay all together so thats what i stepped up

anyone have suggestions?

Stompboxes are generally -10db. Rack is generally +4db.

That said, many stompboxes aren't designed to work at line level and therefore don't react well with line level (+4db) signals due to their lower headroom.

Either use the flanger in front of the amp, or find one that works better with your loop.

screamingdaisy said:
Stompboxes are generally -10db. Rack is generally +4db.

That said, many stompboxes aren't designed to work at line level and therefore don't react well with line level (+4db) signals due to their lower headroom.

Either use the flanger in front of the amp, or find one that works better with your loop.

so what is the level on the effects loop? +4 db

and the thing i see is that if its a problem like what your describing it shouldnt be uneven across the channels and modes... it would be an altogether volume problem which is not the case

Latest posts

Back