Lets see them Lone Star pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I got the LSS,..I haven't played thru the Nomad,but maybe once,..
The Nomad is a "tad" louder,..and more "focused",with just the one 12"...
The reverb on the LSS is far better,...
But the reason I got the LSS was because of the variable wattage,...
The Nomad sounds great once dialed in,..but again,..it sounds great cranked up ,...I never wanted to turn it down!,..but I'm in my basement,..
With the LSS,..I can get great tone,..at any level. I really like it,..

hey guys....
I have had my boogie for 1 year now...and am still playing thru it daily....
the marshall sits in a closet now....unless the kids want to play it...
here's my lonestar special
Img_0780.jpg

L'auger

kevenmetal said:
hey JJB and CodeTitan

Where did you get your custom cable snakes? Are they homemade or did you buy it?

By the way, you have some pretty nice rigs :D

I made mine - goes from rack to pedal board - 3 cables - a 5 pin midi cable for my GCX/Ground Control Pro, an AC power cable from my Furman to my Voodoo Pedal Power and an instrument cable for my tuner - all held together with cable wrap. Simple as pie.

L'auger said:
hey guys....
I have had my boogie for 1 year now...and am still playing thru it daily....
the marshall sits in a closet now....unless the kids want to play it...
here's my lonestar special
Img_0780.jpg

L'auger

L'auger.......how much did your cab cost? I'm wanting to do the same thing but will have to special order the cab.

I think that cab is $419 plus $159 for the vinyl cover and grille change . It appears that the LS extension cabs only come standard in the black of the LSC .

hey Ls special...
the cab was a gift...but I believe they paid about 600 canadian for it...

it has a real nice sound....with two black shadow's in it

L'auger

hey Ls special...
the cab was a gift...but I believe they paid about 600 canadian for it...

it has a real nice sound....with two black shadow's in it

L'auger

Ok here is my Lone Star I picked up a couple days ago.
Picture004-1.jpg

I'm thinking of replacing the grille with the Mesa gold jute grille. I just like the look of black with the gold grille. I was about to try out my V30s I have laying around from my 4x12 cab but they are 8 ohms and the speakers in the LoneStar are 16 ohms. I guess I could plug the V30s in the 4 ohm jack to make things equal, not really sure though.

PRSKILLER said:
Black and Gold rules! Nice............ :wink:

Yeah, everytime i get some new mesa gear i just get it with the gold cloth . Everything matches , I have a Stiletto, RK, RK 2x12 cab, 4X12 traditional cab & a LSC head on the way . All black taurus with gold grille .

Here's my stuff:
rig.jpg

I've had this LSC for about 3 months now, and I love it. LOVE it. I am starting to wish I'd gotten a head, but the whole point was to get a good combo (for convenience & portability, etc)... however, no complaints, it's an amazing thing.

How do you like the LSC into the THD cab?

I have just recently returned from Glasgow. What a great city you have. I've been there three times now and have had a blast every time.

thirstypirate said:
How do you like the LSC into the THD cab?

I have just recently returned from Glasgow. What a great city you have. I've been there three times now and have had a blast every time.

I can't say enough about the cab, really fantastic. Articulate, focused, sweet high, tight bottom end but still with enough breath to keep the vibe right, not too compressed - a perfect partnership...I could go on!

I'm glad you've enjoyed visiting Glasgow - it's certainly quite a unique place and has 'charms' all it's own - next time you head through gimme a shout.
Cheers

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/barry2001/DSC00679.jpg

I'll do a better pic soon . There is also a pic on the mesa testimonial page

eventide_awakening said:
thirstypirate said:
Here's my LSC

hey thirstypirate, that looks like a sweet Orange-killer.

Thanks!

When I was shopping for a new amp I fell in love with the old school tones the Lone Star dishes out. I'm lucky enough to have more than one Mesa dealer close to my place and when I saw this guy as a floor model at the local GC. I had to take it home. I usually don't buy floor models, but I was in an instant gratification mood that day. I saved some loot too.

My wifes first reaction was, "Wow! Pretty groovy looking." My thoughts exactly...

Latest posts

Back