Let's hear em'. Best/Worst speakers,cabs,combinations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scott from _actual time_ said:
i swapped out the V30 in my oversized 1x12 last night for a Classic Lead 80 clone from WGS, and it sounds much better--no sizzly buzzy highs.

I use a THD 2x12 cab that comes with broken in Celestion Classic Lead 80 no harshness or fizz or else. They also have a good throughput. I mean sensitivity? mVolts IN -> dB OUT.

Chugga-Chugga said:
What kind of timetable did they give you for the cab you just ordered?

Two weeks. He has some cabs built, just needing covering. He had to order the grill cloth. If you were looking for black it might be sooner. Give em' a call.

2 weeks??? Wow. A friend of mine ordered a non-black cloth Mesa head and cab and was told 60 days. It's been 22 so far. That's a pretty good turnaround you got.

Chugga-Chugga said:
2 weeks??? Wow. A friend of mine ordered a non-black cloth Mesa head and cab and was told 60 days. It's been 22 so far. That's a pretty good turnaround you got.

Yea I thought so. He is a very small low volume retailer. I ordered the head shell from mesa for my Mark V to convert the combo. It took 16 weeks. If everybody here starts calling him it might slow me down :lol:
Really a great guy to talk to. Well see if it lives up to the hype.

Latest posts

Back