Less Tweaking=More Playing Time

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialed

Reaction score
It is so dam cool to log on to this site and find that there hasn't been a post in days. I think everyone that owns this amp is so busy basking in the glow of the first perfect amp, that they don't have the time or the need to wine, gripe or complain about it. I then go over to the other boards and they are non stop chatter about how to do this and how to do that. I frickin love this amp. Plug up your guitar and play. Thats how it should be. That being said, I think they should have named it the "De-Rectifier" or the "Un-Marked" or the "Heart-Mendor" or maybe the "Flip-Flop Deuce Stage 2". LOL, that last was my wifes suggestion. Anywho, I just felt like posting. Go back to tonal heaven and get off the computer.

Yea,

Was thinking of starting a thread, "Yup, still sounds great".

Less Posting = More playing time too. And personally i'd rather tweak than post, but there isn't any way I can turn my amp on without waking up the whole house.

Scary said:
Less Posting = More playing time too. And personally i'd rather tweak than post, but there isn't any way I can turn my amp on without waking up the whole house.

Hmmm, so that's the reason nobody ever posts in this subforum!

I tried the 'dyne yesterday and I just about shat myself. I am all but convinced to unload my entire dual halfstack to afford one of these suckers.

I have had mine for almost a year now and I took this week off from my regular job just to play loud all day everyday. I have been successful but my fingers look like they did the first week I started playing my Hondo 2 Les paul copy when I was 8 yrs old. They are ripped to shreds. This amp is just a dream to play. 35 years and boat loads of money is how long I have been searching for this exact tone and options.

specialed said:
I have had mine for almost a year now and I took this week off from my regular job just to play loud all day everyday. I have been successful but my fingers look like they did the first week I started playing my Hondo 2 Les paul copy when I was 8 yrs old. They are ripped to shreds. This amp is just a dream to play. 35 years and boat loads of money is how long I have been searching for this exact tone and options.

Agreed. I haven't tried anything that would even touch a Dual Recto for what I want until I tried this amp. If this amp had been available when I was initially shopping for a tube head, I definitely would have purchased it instead. The clean on the electrodyne is simply way better and the gain tone is not only great for chugging but does leads so incredibly well.

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! Enough chatter! (=sound of whips cracking=!!) Don't you guys have some shredding and riffing to do? :?: Don't make me tell you again!!!! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YellowJacket said:
Scary said:
I am all but convinced to unload my entire dual halfstack to afford one of these suckers.

I traded in a Road King combo and 200$ to get my ED combo. Would do it again tomorrow. Probably even throw in more money if I had to. Not dissing the Road King, great amp. But the ED is more for me.

Old BF Shred said:
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! Enough chatter! (=sound of whips cracking=!!) Don't you guys have some shredding and riffing to do? :?: Don't make me tell you again!!!! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HEY HEY HEY! I'm scheming of ways to unload my Dual for maximum $$$s so I can afford an Electra Dyne. It is just THAT good.

primal said:
YellowJacket said:
Scary said:
I am all but convinced to unload my entire dual halfstack to afford one of these suckers.

I traded in a Road King combo and 200$ to get my ED combo. Would do it again tomorrow. Probably even throw in more money if I had to. Not dissing the Road King, great amp. But the ED is more for me.

I hear you. My only issue with trade ins is that music stores have a nasty habit of buying low and selling high. Private sales are kinder on the pocketbook provided one can wait that long!

YellowJacket said:
I hear you. My only issue with trade ins is that music stores have a nasty habit of buying low and selling high. Private sales are kinder on the pocketbook provided one can wait that long!

99.999% of the time you are correct. But for some ungodly reason GC by me gave me 1600$ for my Road King.

Now they are trying to sell it for 2K, which they will never get. What is even worse is that I had looked on the GC website back then and found another store selling the exact same amp used for like 1400, yet my GC offered me 1600 for mine. I couldn't get the thing in the car fast enough.

I decided to play through an entire rehearsal this past week using only the footswitch and guitar controls. Didn't touch the amp after I set it up for our rehearsal space. My band commented on how good the amp sounds completely naked compared to my old Carvin and rack gear. People have commented on the quality of tone on that older rig for so long I never bothered to replace it - never needed to. I wanted a combo amp and stumbled across the ED while trying out a Matchless. I played the Matchless, then the ED, then back to the Matchless for about a minute then spent an hour trying out every detail of the ED. Now the Carvin rig is in the back of the rehearsal space and the ED is the only amp I use. The next gig is still a month away but I plan to use the ED all by itself.

If you really want to hear this amp come to life - tune an old SG up to open E - pickup selector in the middle position with about a 60-40 split for the mix (favoring the bridge pickup), clean mode (green) - set the gain trim to full clockwise, volume at 4 and EQ'd to 12 hi, 10 mid, 11 low. Then take off on some Billy Gibbons inspired blues-rock slide work. Tonal Utopia.......

This amp comes with a time travel device built right in. four hours of jamming seems like 30 minutes. Very little tweaking involved though. Tonal bliss no matter how you go and it leaves little time for forum posting..

Cheers
Bill

Latest posts

Back