Les Pauls, Pickups and Mesa Boogies ............

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmotisko

Reaction score
I am picking up a new Les Paul Classic (Honey Burst) that has Neck Pickup: 496R ceramic magnet humbucker Bridge Pickup: 500T ceramic magnet humbucker. I am wondering if anyone else hear have been using this combination with your Mesa's? How would you say these pickups sound and perform with your amp.

Thanks,

Dave~

dmotisko said:
I am picking up a new Les Paul Classic (Honey Burst) that has Neck Pickup: 496R ceramic magnet humbucker Bridge Pickup: 500T ceramic magnet humbucker. I am wondering if anyone else hear have been using this combination with your Mesa's? How would you say these pickups sound and perform with your amp.

Thanks,

Dave~

I can tell you this . IMHO I feel the Les Paul fits like a glove with the Stiletto . I have two Les Pauls . One with Duncan 59s and the other with Burstbuckers . They both sound amazing with my Deuce .

Can we just brainstorm pickups here period? I've noticed a lot lately how much I really love the Burstbuckers in my LP standard faded on just a clean sound! Anyone have experience with SD's in a PRS? I'm thinkin about goin the route of who is it, Myles? from alterbridge with my mccarty.

Barry said:
Whats your opinion of your Stiletto 2X12 cab ? Im interested in what that sounds like

I really am enjoying my 2X12 Cab. It is nice and tight plus the V30's pack a nice punch. I feel that my cab really opened up when I added my EQ . I am really looking forward to getting the Les Paul.

Dave~

GibsonClassic.jpg

GibsonClassicII.jpg

8)

She straight up rips!
Meaty and liquid sustain.
I am still learning my setup but i have not come across any setting i did not like.
I love these LP Classic and looking to add a Classic Goldtop somewhere down the road.

Sorry for the bad phone pic.
Here is my current setup.
Mesasetup.jpg

Spirithunter said:
She straight up rips!
Meaty and liquid sustain.
I am still learning my setup but i have not come across any setting i did not like.
I love these LP Classic and looking to add a Classic Goldtop somewhere down the road.

Sorry for the bad phone pic.
Here is my current setup.
Mesasetup.jpg

Nice Rig. I bet she does sound Meaty through your Mark IV.

Dave~

I use the exact same guitar (differant colour) with the exact same pickups on the Express 5:50 and it sounds the Nuts. I get a really thick, aggresive rhythm and a really smooth lead. Its a Tone that i just cant match with my Ibanez

Pyro said:
I use the exact same guitar (differant colour) with the exact same pickups on the Express 5:50 and it sounds the Nuts. I get a really thick, aggresive rhythm and a really smooth lead. Its a Tone that i just cant match with my Ibanez

Yep! love the tone or i should say tones with the Gibson.

Gibson and Mesa are a superb combo! 8)

I run the same pick up combination in a Gibson Flying V- and love it. The honeyburst is a great color.

I had an 84 tobaco sunburst and sold it to finance my wedding. I've bought and sold a lot of gear in my time, and that's the one piece out of all of it that I wish I had back!

Someone jump back in with the 500T on this...

I use the LP custom with it's stock 490T alnico and wanted to try the 500T in the bridge ...

I heard some one not too long ago mention in the tremonti tone thread that the prs tremonti bridge is just prs' version of the 500T cos thats what he used before the signature setup ... please elaborate, how true is that???

dmotisko said:

Thanks,

Dave~

I find those pickups a little bright/brittle through my Express 5:25. Burstbuckers sound great,... warm, beautiful tone.

IMO, I don't find much merit to the Tremonti pup being a PRS model of the Gibson 500T.....yes, it's true that is what Tremonti used in his les pauls, but PRS built a whole new pup IMO, which is far suprior. The pup sounds HUGE, and the gain it puts out is honestly beastly. I guarentee doesn't have the same output.

espresso said:
dmotisko said:

Thanks,

Dave~

I find those pickups a little bright/brittle through my Express 5:25. Burstbuckers sound great,... warm, beautiful tone.

I have been reading about the burstbuckers and am thinking that I am going to be headed in that route. I am going to have to wait till the end of the week to get the LP home and try it out on my rig.

Dave~

I am not crazy about the 500T with any of my boogies, they are too brittle sounding, not really warm. Ive been trying this out for 11 years, I came across a les paul Custom that sounded more les paul classic like, ironically. The 500T IS BETTER WITH AMPS THAT ARE NOT AS GAINEY. A 59 replica with my Roaking is so perfect I have stopped people in their tracks, and they swore it was an old les paul running through an old Marshall.

Not exactly LP, but I have two Flying V's (one mahogany, the other korina) with the 496/500 p'ups and they both absolutely RIP thru the Triple Rec. Depth, clarity, and high output...can get harsh with lots of gain, but that is easily EQed out with a small adjustment of the Treble knob.

Latest posts

Back