lead tones...diezel or mesa boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbagg

Reaction score
just jkinda getting a vote between the lead sounds of the diezel amps and that of the mesa boogies (I own a mark Iv, so...I hear THATY difference). Cause Im slowly finding love for the diezel sounds over the modern boogie stuff.

fatbagg said:
just jkinda getting a vote between the lead sounds of the diezel amps and that of the mesa boogies (I own a mark Iv, so...I hear THATY difference). Cause Im slowly finding love for the diezel sounds over the modern boogie stuff.

depends on which mesa and which diezel....... could you compare recto to a vh4? maybe as far as rhythm but IMO they're in different tonal spectrums when it comes to leads.... diezels are more or less hot rodded marshalls or atleast started with that route..... i really like the way diezel's sound for leads (matt bellahmy from muse) but i also like the mark iv for leads... i just think they're way different to do a good comparison

i've owned a lot of high end amps, and have at least tried every popular high end amp on the market. in terms of a lead tone, the mesa mark iv is hard to beat. i don't have one anymore, but if i had roadies that would lug my rig around all of the time...i'd have that be a dedicated lead tone. out of the other mesas, marshalls, engls, and framus's etc that i've had...nothing really touches the mark iv. it just didn't have the modern rhythm muscle that i was looking for.

Back