Lead & Drive Mods for Original Studio Series?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidP

Reaction score
New member here. Recently scored a "Studio Series" 2xEL84 combo -- the original first run in the "Studio" series which shares Master and Volume for both channels. I love clean channel but there's the balance issue when switching to the lead channel. I already have a 12AY7 in V1.
I know there are mods out there to remedy this imbalance but the ones I found are for later "Studio 22" and "plus" versions...
Anyone know whereto find a schematic, as well as lead channel drive/master mods, for this specific model? Or can I safely assume its the same as for later versions?
Also, which single mod (drive or masters) would be most useful to tame the imbalance?

I am pretty sure the circuit in the amps labeled 'Studio Series' is the same as in the Studio .22. Sounds like what you're looking for is the lead master mod. I own a .22 and have the same volume imbalance issue as you. I have been meaning to do this mod but haven't yet gotten around to it. Disregarding the volume balance issue, doesn't that amp sound great? I am amazed every time I play mine.

Back