LDR's for a 50 Caliber Plus

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliberty

Reaction score
A friend has a 50 Caliber Plus that occassionally cuts out and then comes back by itself. I have read online that this sort of thing might be related to the LDR's, so I thought I would replace all of them (there are 5). I opened up the amp to see what was there, and what I found is that there were 2 that I could read the bottom markings, 2 where all I could see were the top markings, and the last one was completely hidden (under one of the others - yes they were stacked).

I saw 21L883, 9020 on one. I saw 21L884, 8922 on another. The rest revealed no part numbers.

First question - can I use the same part number LDR for all 5 LDR's in this amp?
Second question - someone told me to use the VTL5C1 part. Is this correct for some or all of the LDR's in this amp?

Thanks,
Steve

sliberty said:
A friend has a 50 Caliber Plus that occassionally cuts out and then comes back by itself. I have read online that this sort of thing might be related to the LDR's, so I thought I would replace all of them (there are 5). I opened up the amp to see what was there, and what I found is that there were 2 that I could read the bottom markings, 2 where all I could see were the top markings, and the last one was completely hidden (under one of the others - yes they were stacked).

I saw 21L883, 9020 on one. I saw 21L884, 8922 on another. The rest revealed no part numbers.

First question - can I use the same part number LDR for all 5 LDR's in this amp?
Second question - someone told me to use the VTL5C1 part. Is this correct for some or all of the LDR's in this amp?

Thanks,
Steve

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the LDR's?

rickou812 said:
sliberty said:

Thanks,
Steve

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the LDR's?

LDR stand for Light Dependent Resistor. It is an older technology that uses photocells to open and close components.

Latest posts

Back