Last Metal Clip For A While (Mark IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I decided to redo a clip I had done with my Engl SE a while ago. My tastes are beginning to shift again and thought I would post this. It is a remake of Arch Enemy's Nemesis. I actually like this song from them. I left all of the mistakes in it since my hands aren't used to playing this fast all the way through. I recorded it in standard D instead of C like the original. I even gave the leads a crack at it. I didn't spend any time on the mixing levels so sorry if the volume of the tracks aren't perfect. I thought the very end of the clip turned out pretty good!

I actually have versions of this tune with my old Engl Powerball and SE. Let me know if you would like to hear those as well. The quality of the Engl clips aren't as good but I think they sound great tone wise.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/42-Nemesis%20%28Mark%20IV%20Final%202%29.mp3

That kicked major ***! :twisted:

Great tone and playing. That's going into my collection of Mark IV clips that I have on my computer (I think I have a few of your others as well). :D

Thanks Shredi!

I will say that your Axe-FX is GAS inducing.

shredi knight said:
That kicked major ***! :twisted:

Great tone and playing. That's going into my collection of Mark IV clips that I have on my computer (I think I have a few of your others as well). :D

**** man. One of my top favourite clips you posted. Great stuff!

Can I ask where you got the drums from? And what is your chain in recording? Guitar > Mesa > Mic > Preamp ?

fpoon said:
**** man. One of my top favourite clips you posted. Great stuff!

Can I ask where you got the drums from? And what is your chain in recording? Guitar > Mesa > Mic > Preamp ?

Thanks man!

I used EZDrummer for the drums.

Here is the recording chain:

Scehcter Hellraiser -> Mark IV -> Shure 57 & Sennheiser e609 -> M-Audio Mobile PRE USB -> N-Track 5 (recording software). No boosts were used and no back end mastering. The recording is as raw as it gets.

hey gibson5413 is every clip on that soundclick webpage a MarkIV (unless otherwise noted)?

you seem to be playing every song i like and wonder how they would sound with the IV.

either way, they all sound good, i enjoy listening to them. you got any originals up there (preferably without the midi backing he he, that stuff annoys me)

Latest posts

Back