Lamb of God Redneck Tone Sample

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreventThis

Reaction score
This is a sample of the tone that me and my band have been working on. The amp is a Rectoverb combo. I was playing Redneck by Lamb of God. I learned this song the day of the recording so that is why my playing isnt that good and I didnt play the whole song. Drums are from the Lamb of God Producers CD and they are played by Chris Adler not us. Let me know what you guys think of the sound quality and tone. Thanks.

Here is the link the song is named Redneck Sound Sample: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=622812

Thanks. We are working on getting a good tone for our album when we start to record it and I think we got it finally.

EDIT: Other responses are welcome. I would like to see what others think as well. Thanks.

its a good tone, drums are too loud. definetly can tell that its not a mark. the mark IV tracks a little faster, and in my opinion, recto's kind of sound "soft" in comparison to the mark series

Thanks guys. Yeah its definitley not a Mark, thats for sure. I like the tones I get out of my Recto though so Im cool with not having a Mark. Drums definitley do need to be fixed though because they are truely louder than the guitar.

i have a recto-verb head and can't get the gain sound i want, which is of course that lamb of god sound. what are your control settings on clean and gain channels if you dont mind me asking

Thanks for your intrest. My settings are around these below. Ive messed with them just a little but everything should be pretty close to what was in that recording.

Modern Mode on Ch 2.
Gain: Around 1 o'clock
Treble: Around 1 o'clock
Mids: Around 12:30 - 1:00
Bass: Around 9:30
Presence: Around 1:30
Reverb: None
Master: find a comfortable place.
Output: I cranked the output to around 12:00 so that I could get some power out of the power tubes. I personally think thats one of the main things. It thickens up the sound without muddying up the tone.

I think thats it. Also if your wondering I used a SM57 to mic up the amp.

Not very much hum at all. Even with cranking the volume pretty high there isnt much hum. I dont even use my Noise Suppressor with this amp.

Silverwulf said:
You should stick an OD in front as a boost. I think that will get you closer to what you're looking for.

+1
I was playing a rectoverb last week with a TS9 in front of it and it sounded much tighter.

I actually like my tone without the overdrive. I kind of like the looser sounding tone. I guess that may just be me though. I like to keep things simple for the most part.

Latest posts

Back