KT77+6L6 w/ Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinweaver

Reaction score
Why class A? You're only using the KT77s that way.
I use 2xEL34 + 2x6L6 in simulclass, that way I use the blend of both types of tubes.

rabies said:
So I got the eurotubes shipment today. Plugged in 2xKT77 in outside sockets and 2x6L6 in inside sockets. tweed, class A, triode.

sounded great in R2 and lead. not as good as 4x6L6 for R1 but still ok. output = 2 so was only home volume.

I'll update this after studio jam.

Overall, good impression. Not as easy to play pinched harmonics with the same settings as when I had the 4x6L6 in there.

The KT 77's don't have the same kind of treble as a 6l6 so I'd imagine that the 6l6's you used to have in the class A sockets are driving the treble associated with the pinch harmonics more

So if I understand this correctly, I suppose this means my KT-77's that say 40 with 2 bars are 40 milliamps? and that I can just ask for another pair that are 40 with 2 bars to match the other set that I already have if I want to have a matching quad being that there is only a few hours on the pair I have?

Latest posts

Back