killswitch engage settings anyone??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrat666

Reaction score
searching for that killswitch devildriver tone. I have a dual recto 3chan and i find it difficult to dial it. have these settings now: bass 9-10 o clock
mid 12 oclock, treble 1 oclock, presence 12 oclock.gain 1oclock, output 12 o clock and I´m using chan 2 vintage. more treble or????

KSE use Stilettos I believe.. totally different sonic spectrum than your Dual Rec. I don't think you're going to get close to that sound without a huge midrange boost like a tubescreamer.

wildrat666 said:
oh sorry i use one maxon od 808 in front of the dual recto.

I would try this.. still not going to be super close but in the ballpark:

Ch2: vintage
Bold power
Tube recto

Pres: 11:30
Volume: 11:30
Gain: 2:00
Bass: 12:00 (or dimed)
Mid: 11:30
Treble: 2:00-2:30

On your tubescreamer:
Volume: 12:00
Gain: 9:00
Tone: (to taste.. I usually ran mine around 1:00-2:00)

If you think of your guitar volume as 1-10, keep it at 8-9.. it gets a little wonky if you're full tilt with these settings.

You should also be using EL34's in your Dual Rec to get close.. otherwise it's not going to be what you're after.

Killswitch uses Roadsters with a Maxon OD808 up front. Shouldn't be hard at all to get that sound with your setup.

Kung-Fool said:
Killswitch uses Roadsters with a Maxon OD808 up front. Shouldn't be hard at all to get that sound with your setup.

really?

must be a recent switch, they used Deuce amps before I believe.

They have used many different amps. The stilleto was for recording strictly i believe.

Hughes and kettners, mesas, Bogners, etc.

Last time I saw the settings of their rectos, it was orange channel, with the bass almost maxed (the maxon takes out a lot of bass), and the highs at like 2 o clock, with the mids a bit lower. Gain to taste I would say, beetween the head and the pedal, there could be a couple different ways to get that sound.

Someone on HC had a pic of them, if that helps, search over there.

I have a setting that's somewhat close to it. Channel 3 Vintage, Bold, Tube Rectifier,
Presence- 5-7 depending on guitar
Master- 3
Gain- 7
Bass- 5-10 depending on where master volume is set and guitar
Mid- 5
Treble- 5

Send at 7 loop in
I use JJ E34L's so if you're using 6l6's you'll probably want to lower the bass and raise the treble a bit. I'm also using 2 1x12 cabs, one thiele, one open back with EV's in them.

4nkam said:
There's also a pic of their triple recto settings. I can post it later when I get home.
yeah that would be nice , thanks everybody. I thought I had the right settings before but ... i think I have too little treble

wildrat666 said:
4nkam said:
There's also a pic of their triple recto settings. I can post it later when I get home.
yeah that would be nice , thanks everybody. I thought I had the right settings before but ... i think I have too little treble

Yeah keep in mind no matter what amp they run, they're almost always boosting it.

IMG_0881.jpg

thanks man. that really help. nice settings. nearly those that I dialed yesterday. I also usa a macon od 808 for boost.
but hey that is a realy loud output setting

Dont forget about the Mesa artist gallery on the site...

they now have the video testimonial clips and there's joel talking about their stuff ... no adam-d unfortunately but thier stand in guy

what do you refer to as 'devildriver' ???

based on the gear endorsements it seems like they never got to the stiletto until the last album and the roadster just recently. so tone for end of heartache and before must have been other things cos stiletto or roadster wer'nt even out yet.

also do some surfing around the recording/studio/engineering circuit of forums looking for what they do in the studio theres other issues as well as blending several amps and tones.

Alive Or Just Breathing - all boosted Triple Recto
End Of Heartache - mostly boosted Framus Dragon and a little Cobra
When Daylight Dies - a whole bunch of ****!

Every time I've seen them live until recently they've been using boosted 3ch. Rectos. Now they're using Roadsters.

everything I've ever seen from Killswitch Engage live has been through a Framus Cobra. {between 2 concerts and a DVD}. Maybe rectifiers back in the Jesse days.....???

Back