Kemper, Triple Rectifier and FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unnamed1

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice on how to use the FX Loop on a Triple Rectifier in conjunction with a Kemper Profiling Amp?

I have plugged the Kemper into the Mesa FX Loop 'Return' jack.

I would like it so that on my foot switch, channel 1-3 are the normal Mesa amp and when I hit the FX switch the Kemper is brought in and the Mesa just becomes volume only (no gain, or use of the channels etc)

Is this at all possible? I can only seem to get one or the other at the moment.

Thanks.

Unnamed1 said:
Can someone give me some advice on how to use the FX Loop on a Triple Rectifier in conjunction with a Kemper Profiling Amp?

I have plugged the Kemper into the Mesa FX Loop 'Return' jack.

I would like it so that on my foot switch, channel 1-3 are the normal Mesa amp and when I hit the FX switch the Kemper is brought in and the Mesa just becomes volume only (no gain, or use of the channels etc)

Is this at all possible? I can only seem to get one or the other at the moment.

Thanks.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to use the TRs power section as a power amp? If so I'd say you need an ABY because you need your signal to get to the Kemper as well as the TR. Once you have the ABY, you'd set it to Y so your signal goes to both amps and because you have the Kemper output going into the FX Return (i.e. nothing being send from the Mesa), when you hit the FX Loop switch you will allowing the Kemper signal through the power amp and nothing from the Mesa's pre since that signal is cutoff at the FX Loop send.

Yeah I am essentially using the TR as a power amp for the Kemper.

What I would like to do is have it so my TR is a normal amp, but when I hit the FX switch the Kemper kicks in without any of the Mesa blending in. Basically I hit the FX switch and my Kemper output sounds.

I am not 100% on how the FX Loop works, but how would I connect it up in this case using ABY?

Would I need to click the ABY switch and then the FX switch for it to work?

Thanks.

I assume it's parallel version as it's a 2009 Triple Rectifier - without the power watt update etc.

Would the ABY switch make any difference or make this work somehow? I am really unsure how all this works, so a bit clueless with regards to FX loops, send, returns etc.

Latest posts

Back