kaboom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WASHOUT

Reaction score
I think I blew up my amp . I changed speakers to the eminence cannibis rex and got it all back together ( I knew everything was going to easy) and began playing and checking out the new sound and seeing if I liked it . This lasted for about ten minutes when all of a sudden a flash of light appeared from the back of the amp and ended my fun . There is no power at all . Well I think I figured out what happened . My dumbass left slack in the speaker wire and it melted to the tube ,but strange part is the hole in the jacket shows no copper . It did burn down to the inner white jacket of the cable or perhaps that is just the positive wire jacket ,but I don't see how that could have conducted any electricity. I pulled the fuse and it looks blown . WTF did I destroy my amp . The box the speaker came in says 8 ohms . Please help . By the way this did cure the ice pick sound(and at high volumes there is no harshness at all) like the guy in another post states ,but at the same time it lost some nuts ,and like I said the fun was short lived so maybe it just needs some time to break in.

Just because you dont see any copper it doesnt mean the wire isnt shorted. replace the wire and fuse and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back